• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Murloc Buildings (Completed)

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Hello to anyone who stumble into this model.

Since this is my first model to post here, please give any feedback or any improvement for this model.

Also, since the Murloc doesn't have enough building model in these site, at least I can contribute this model to anyone who wish to make Murloc faction.

Almost forgot. Please teach me how to make the upgrade animation for these building since I want to make the building a town hall. Tq and enjoy.

And don't forget to add war3mapImported\NagaBirth.MDX to this model for birth animation.
Edit: For the Murloc Rest and Bone Chipper, use war3mapImported\NagaBirth_Small.MDX instead.

UPDATED No.6.2: a) Adding Murloc Treasurehold
b) Adding one of the main component and editable building that create all Murloc building, Murloc Hut1!

c) Editing Murloc Hut1 for easy modification
d) Changing the uber splat for Murloc Rest and Bone Chipper from medium to small

Edit: Thanks to https://www.hiveworkshop.com/members/deepstrasz.173274/ for making the suggestion to make the Murloc buildings distinct to each other.

Edit: Thanks to https://www.hiveworkshop.com/members/stonemaulmidget.291287/ for making the Murloc Shore Burrow more interesting! :grin::thumbs_up:

Edit: Finally I have created my own town hall even though it takes like 6 hours+.

Edit: With the addition of Murloc Hut1, you can edit Murloc Hut1 and create your own Murloc Building since all basic component is there. Don't forget to credit me tho if you want to post this building on this site.

Tag:
#Murloc #Mur'gul #Hut #Naga
Contents

DartMissile (Model)

Murloc Hut1 (Model)

Murloc Treasurehold (Model)

Murloc Gathering Hall (Model)

Murloc Hatchling Ground (Model)

Murloc Sorcerer's Den (Model)

Murloc Blademaking Hut (Model)

Murloc Lumberkeep (Model)

Murloc Altar of the Deeps (Model)

Murloc Bone Chipper (Model)

Murloc Hunting Shack (Model)

Murloc Rest (Model)

Murloc Shore Burrow (Model)

NagaBirthSmall (Model)

NagaBirth (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A nice collection although there are still a few minor bugs with the model and need some more optimization. Here are some examples...
Level 13
I will do nothing more than give it to you in person and give you full credit.
By the way, mind my asking which Node the Crescent may be under?
Box01. ALL OF IT.

Ok. Thanks for that!

I'm with Deolrin & HerrDave on all counts. Thanks for making a useful building model!
You're welcome! The reason crescent is there because I lack of idea how to make it stand out as town hall from other Murloc buildings that I've yet to post.

Cool job! Can you make more murloc buildings? (such as farm, sawmill, barracks, shop and tower)
There are more of it in my dump stash of model experiments. Don't worry and I will upload it IF this model got approved.

Level 13
Will one of the pre-existing structures (or a future structure) be designed for use as a Murloc Town Hall with three tiers? <3
Sorry sir, but it seems that I can't understand your question.

Was looking for this 2 weeks ago!!! your a champ, thanks!
No problem, mate! I have used my entire life for all who need Murloc buildings. :)

Level 35
Sorry sir, but it seems that I can't understand your question.
What I mean is that normally for custom factions in Warcraft 3, the Town Hall structure for factions is represented by a model with three tiers for it. Originally I was looking at the Shore Burrow as a sort of "Town Hall" structure, but it has no upgrades and I was not sure if you intended for one of the models that are already uploaded to fulfil that role, or if you had intended on another separate model to be used in that capacity.

For reference, I'm referring to structures such as the Human Town Hall, which upgrades to the Keep and then the Castle.

Level 13
What I mean is that normally for custom factions in Warcraft 3, the Town Hall structure for factions is represented by a model with three tiers for it. Originally I was looking at the Shore Burrow as a sort of "Town Hall" structure, but it has no upgrades and I was not sure if you intended for one of the models that are already uploaded to fulfil that role, or if you had intended on another separate model to be used in that capacity.

For reference, I'm referring to structures such as the Human Town Hall, which upgrades to the Keep and then the Castle.
I see. For Shore Burrow case, I actually have no idea how to upgrade it since it's perfect as it is (especially with clam and pearl on it). While thinking for new buildings, I just thought about making Gathering Hall as the tier three building and after making it, I just realized that the Gathering Hall have potential to become town hall, so I experimenting and also learn myself HOW TO MAKE TOWN HALL SINCE I CAN'T FIND THE SOURCE TO MAKE IT A TOWN HALL.

Sorry for that. In the end this is the end result after learning some sequence.

Last edited:
Level 48
I love this pack now. But the biggest issue as it stands is the samey base. If you check the other in-game races, not a single one of them has a base that reoccurs this many times. The worst offender is the Orc race, with the town hall sharing the bestiary's base. If you could find new, creative ways to have that base of water, it would improve the quality of the resources tremendously.

Level 13
Thank you for pointing out the weak point of my models! I actually doesn't know that the excessive usage of same bases could be a problem. It's still need a lot of improvement and I still not creative enough to make it unique. Either way, I think I can improve my model since I still doesn't have any project right now.

Edit: But in my defense, some modelers in this site also using the same bases in their building pack so I'm taking it's example as the inspiration.

Last edited:
Level 11
Nice murloc buildings, this can also be use for other aquatic races like the Tortollans 👍.

Last edited:
Level 21
Hey @Hermit , anything here catching your eye or did you already get all the buildings you need?
All of these are really cool; I'm glad to see Murlocs are finally getting the love they deserve. I especially like the waterfall in the Sorcerer's Den and the seashell with the pearl above the Shore Burrow.

Having said that, I don't think these models really have as much variety as I'd like them to.

I initially went down the same road while putting together Murloc buildings for my (possibly dead) project: making all of them look very similar because they all use the exact same textures and/or have variations of the standard Murloc hut parts.

However, I've changed and reworked a lot of things since when I started; now I have a bunch of diverse buildings (a muddy cave lair, a sandy pit, a shipwreck made into a hovel, a tropical windmill) because it turned out that rips from other games (a few LOTR-BFME buildings and wow textures) can be adjusted to look pretty decent in classic WC3.