• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple upgrade required for a spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am trying to make a spell so it require 2 upgrades to be unlocked, I thought this would be fairly easy, but my issue is: only the first upgrade selected it taken into account for unlocking the spell, meaning that if the first upgrade is researched, it unlock the spell and ignore the second upgrade requirement.

Second upgrade actually makes no diff, the requirement string is still displayed on the locked ability when I research it.

44b1b3ce3a4da9d8ee969c8b29e688dc.png

My goal was to display those require lines.

1ccdc5656519145ad6ad14eaeccf6754.png

So in this case, the "Medallion Of Courage" upgrade doesn't unlock anything, text still being displayed after research. If only research "Require level 9" (it's a research, I named it like this) is completed, the spell is unlocked.

Just want to confirm that it's possible to have 2 upgrade requirement for a spell.

Btw I used the "constant native SetPlayerTechResearched takes player whichPlayer, integer techid, integer setToLevel returns nothing" (I don't remember BB code for jass and where to look for it) to make my tests, setting the level 1, dunno if it's responsible for my issue, just adding this detail.

I apologize if my post isn't clear, thank you.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I'm not entirely sure if you used to be able to do that and it's just bugged at the moment, but in the meantime an alternate solution that comes to mind is to make the "Require level 9" Research happen only if you have the Medallion.

• Gain A Level
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Gatherer
      • (Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 9
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Medallion of Courage) Equal to True
      • (Current research level of Level 9 for (Triggering player)) Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Level 9 to 1 for (Triggering player)
  • Acquire Medallion
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Gatherer
      • (Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 9
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Medallion of Courage
      • (Current research level of Level 9 for (Triggering player)) Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Level 9 to 1 for (Triggering player)
So with these two triggers the "Requires level 9" Research would happen ONLY if you met both requirements, being >= level 9 AND having the Medallion. In this case the "Requires Medallion" Research would simply act as a Tooltip and nothing more.

Last edited:
Level 2
I can confirm multiple technology requirement for spells is currently bugged, it will correctly display both, but only check for the first.
You can add this to the big pile of Reforged bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.