• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Multiple triggers better that runs alot better than one trigger that runs alot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
For example, my map has 5 players. And, I have a trigger of, any unit is damaged, with condition of unit type = heroic.

The trigger runs ALOT, because there are mobs all over the map.

Now, would it be better to have multiple triggers with a specific event, of Player 1(hero choice) unit takes damage.

Have this trigger for each player. Would it be more efficient?

Level 5
yes if you only need to keep track of a player's hero taking damage, or if your map has a lot of units where taking damage doesn't matter to any triggers.

but the generic "unit is damaged" is much easier to work with when you edit the map later

i am not sure if the efficiency gain is significant on any system that is powerful enough to run SC2 though

Level 5
yes if you only need to keep track of a player's hero taking damage, or if your map has a lot of units where taking damage doesn't matter to any triggers.

but the generic "unit is damaged" is much easier to work with when you edit the map later

i am not sure if the efficiency gain is significant on any system that is powerful enough to run SC2 though

Status
Not open for further replies.