• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suicide Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
To start, I have read all of the posts about this that are currently available, yet my issue remains and I have no idea why.

I have 3 locations on my map that spawn units and as they spawn I would like them to attack one of the player controlled units (4 players, 1 unit each) in the same manner that the Suicide command works, yet when I have tried to do everything that I have read on the suicide command, they just sit where they spawn.

I have this to run at the start. In player properties, player 5 is set to have Computer AI and Computer Control

• AI
    • Events
      • Game - Map initialization
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • AI - Start the campaign AI for player 5

And my spawning Trigger is

• Forest
    • Events
      • Timer - Every 2.0 seconds of Game Time
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Infested Terran (CPU) for player 5 at Forest facing (Position of (Last created unit)) (No Options)
      • AI - Enable suicide for (Last created unit)

Thank you in advance

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Unit - Create 1 Infested Terran (CPU) for player 5 at Forest facing (Position of (Last created unit)) (No Options)
This makes no sense as there is no "Last created unit" in that trigger before that point.

The simplest solution is to set the entire AI to suicide. That way all units it owns will seek the nearest viable target.

Do make sure the player is an enemy to the targets.

Level 6
I did, but with the players constantly moving and having more than one person, it bugs out and will just ignore a player, walking straight past them if they aren't the target.

Issue order them to attack move to the point of the enemy unit, that way, they will attack anything that comes in their way. When they stop and become idle, you could try to issue order them again to do the same thing again.

Level 5
That would work, but the suicide is more efficient in my case, as the players are usually moving and reording them to attack constantly (or when they decide to stop attacking) would be more a new issue than a solution.

Level 3
Make a behavior/ability that issue an order to attack X unit when not moving or idle. You can then add the behavior/ability to spawning units.

Level 5
I have the triggers that I posted enabled and on, and I placed a plain unit and made a trigger for AI to suicide all units 5 seconds into the game and it didn't do anything

Here is the player config, in case something is wrong with that.

CPU%20AI.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.