• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Multiple Projectiles/Two...Three...Many Missile Arts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey there.

I've searched around, haven't found much to help with this.

I'm trying to make a unit (a tower) shoot two projectiles. I love some of the flashy models that abilities have, but they are all timed and don't loop... So I have the effect begin, and then expire before it hits the target making for a very dissapointing death.

For example,
Abilities\Spells\Other\Levelup\LevelupCaster.mdl
Abilities\Weapons\WitchDoctorMissile\WitchDoctorMissile.mdl

I'd like them both to act as missiles going for the target. The first one would 'burn out' before contact but would give way to the second sustained missile.

Is there hope?

Cheers
- Clipsion

Level 2
Oooh busy topic, thanks.

I can't seem to get the phoenix fire to work (probably a bit beyond me really). I'm gonna have a fiddle around with the dummy unit idea. Cheers for the help all

Level 2
What about simply making one projectile last longer? Like... Instead of the projectile's art going quickly then petering out, is there anyway in world editor to slow it down (without editing models, no idea how to do that).

Or perhaps loop the effect? When the projectile's 'art' stops, it repeats?

Level 9
make a locust ability and set levelup as model and witchdotor as missle? the things will fly around shooting out witchdotors.

or you can make a dummy unit and put something like red_dragon_fire_blast.mdl on dummy unit and put firebolt.mdl on the tower, then set both missile same speed, when the tower attacks make dummy unit attack ground on position of angle between attacking unit and attacked unit, ehhh never tried this, but it looks like it would work :\

Status
Not open for further replies.