• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 Spells for a tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm making a 3rd person shooter that will be all keybored play.

so I need two abilities, I need a shoot ability which causes you to shoot a missile in front of you and when it hits a target it damages them.

And then I need a Ram ability, so I can make a vehicle ram another, either that or make it so vehicles take damage when they touch and have knock back in the direction of wich ever has the highest speed. or if they are equal then equal knock back

Level 17
I did the missile system in GUI, its easily editable, but basic. I can do it using vJass (Then you can assign specific values to each missile fired, like damage, speed or effect.) This systems missile's are generic, their damage is based on their missile types. Ill do the "RAM" system tomorrow, Its a little late here :)

If you want the missile system in vJass, ill also do it tomorrow.

It is possible to make the knock back passive.

I am always glad to help

Attachments

• [System] Missile.w3x
    350 KB · Views: 54
Level 17
It is done. I hope its like you wanted it. Please tell me if I need to edit something.

All units that are created (And is going to have the "RAM" ability, The "RAM" ability is static, you only need to add the unit to the RAMGroup and to the IsUnitMoving system) must be added to the RAMGroup and IsUnitMoving() system. To add a unit to the IsUnitMoving system just use this = call AddUnit( unit Witchunit)

I used a knockback system by Silvenon - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-functions-413/knockback-unit-35545/

The tank will only RAM an unit when it is moving.

Attachments

• [System] Missile + RAM.w3x
    356.5 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.