• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple players on the same CD-Key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRious

M

MrRious

May I be able to play WC3 newest patch with my cousin's CD-Key, even if he already used his? I'm not talking about playing Multiplayer, just WC3.

Level 1
My buddy used his RoC key to start playing with me and then bought Reforged when he couldn't find his TFT key. The next day he found his TFT key. Is his RoC key linked to his battlenet account from the first day of playing? Or can he give his RoC and TFT keys to his wife to play with us while he plays the version he got from buying Reforged?

Level 2
My buddy used his RoC key to start playing with me and then bought Reforged when he couldn't find his TFT key. The next day he found his TFT key. Is his RoC key linked to his battlenet account from the first day of playing? Or can he give his RoC and TFT keys to his wife to play with us while he plays the version he got from buying Reforged?

If your buddy put the cd keys on his battle.net account (you can go to classic games; and see cd keys) then yeah it's linked to his bnet account BUT you can still use that cd key; so technically speaking as long as he uses the bnet version of WAR3 (the one that comes with reforged) it will use the email to validate the game and then you can use the spare cd key for his wife.

At least that's my understanding; give it a shot and let me know if it works

Level 1
I don't think he was able to link his keys to his bnet account. He used his RoC key to play the first night and he "created" a bnet account in-game (seems to be separate from our normal bnet accounts). After he couldn't find his TFT key, he bought Reforged and we played the 2nd day with that. I told him to link his RoC key to his account via the website but he either didn't do it or it gave him an error. Regardless, after all that, he found his TFT key and we were wondering how he'd be able to share that with his wife.

I'll let him know what to try but we've been playing coop and she doesn't seem interested in playing yet.

Level 2
I don't think he was able to link his keys to his bnet account. He used his RoC key to play the first night and he "created" a bnet account in-game (seems to be separate from our normal bnet accounts). After he couldn't find his TFT key, he bought Reforged and we played the 2nd day with that. I told him to link his RoC key to his account via the website but he either didn't do it or it gave him an error. Regardless, after all that, he found his TFT key and we were wondering how he'd be able to share that with his wife.

I'll let him know what to try but we've been playing coop and she doesn't seem interested in playing yet.

If that is the case; then it should work just fine. Have your buddy play WAR3 with bnet launcher and using bnet account and his wife used the cd keys

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
So... what happens if like for example, I accidentally break my laptop and I'm moving to/buying another. Will I still be able to use the CD key or do I have to buy a new one?
You can register your CD-Key on any computer provided you have the keys written somewhere to know them and be able to put them on a fresh Warcraft III installation.

Level 2
So... what happens if like for example, I accidentally break my laptop and I'm moving to/buying another. Will I still be able to use the CD key or do I have to buy a new one?

As long as you have a way to access them you will still be able to use them. So I would either) Register with BNET or write them down/take a screenshot and put it someplace safe. Or if you still have the CD Case, I would recommend not to throw them away.

Level 2
I see, thanks! Also, if I pre-order Reforged, will I be able to get a CD key? I didn't have one before.

As I recall; If you pre-order Reforge now you won't get a CD Key; it will be tied to your Bnet account (When you install it will ask to login to your bnet account or use an exisiting cd key)

Level 2
I think they will give a CD-Key because there's no other way to buy the game right now on their site.

From what other players reported on reddit/discord that now when you pre-order Reforge; you don't get a key but access to the game via your account. Which makes sense because when I tried to install it about a month ago it asked if I wanted to login to verify that I had Reforge pre-ordered or would use an existing cd key. I opted in for the cd key cause I actually have one.

I guess we will find out when @Ardenaso pre-orders

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
From what other players reported on reddit/discord that now when you pre-order Reforge; you don't get a key but access to the game via your account. Which makes sense because when I tried to install it about a month ago it asked if I wanted to login to verify that I had Reforge pre-ordered or would use an existing cd key. I opted in for the cd key cause I actually have one.
I mean, after the game will be released, not now. What they're doing now is beyond any proper logic unless they make the classic game free after Reforged's release.

Status
Not open for further replies.