• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple abilities of the same type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
In my new map, I have some heoes with about 30 abilities each.

I know that the system will not act right if I make 2 abilities based of the same ability and add them both to one unit.

This is no problem if I use Channel for all of my abilities but I dont like making a dummy unit every time I cast a spell.

Here is the thing.
I want a list of abilities that can be set to do nothing except the art and have a buff that does nothing with a 0.01 duration.
(Damage, Effect, Cost, etc will be changed on my own way.)

For example I want to have a unique single target ability like fireball but without the stun.
I cannot remove the stun and I dont want a 0.01 stun because it stops the actions. (If it was a slow it wouldnt matter cause a slow can be a 0% slow.)
So I use Acid Bomb and change it so it will be a fireball without stun.
Now I want another ability that does the same but it is a waterball.
Now I cannot do Acid Bomb cause of the order id.

So can I have a list of abilities that can do nothing but apply a buff without an effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.