• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Multiplayer Rexar style campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to make an open world multiplayer map that spans across multiple maps in the style of the Rexar campaigns with a save/load system?

I guess if one player leaves to another region/map he can't get back into the same session as the people who are still connected to the region the leaving player left from. Or is that actually the case?

Level 2
Don't think that will ever be possible with the current wc3 engine. You gotta go with a maxed out map I guess.

Sounds like something this tool could help you overcome by dynamically creating areas of the map: W3X Tools (Beta)
Hmm that looks really interesting, but would it be possible to break the tile limits by doing this? Doodad limit isn't any problem to break with triggers, the only problem is that there's no efficient way to place a lot of doodads in their right positions with triggers. This system seems to solve that problem though.

The problem is with tiles, if I try to break the tile limit with triggers or any kind of custom script it just doesn't work. The tiles turns into already existing tiles so I'm afraid the same will happen when loading a different tile from a different map into my map.

Well, Xetanth87 made the rexxar campaign into a coop campaign : 2P Archon Bonus Campaign Founding of Durotar
I don't know how but he somehow got it to work.
Wow that's impressive, but it seems like all players needs to go to the same map when transitioning which defeats the purpose I want it for.

Coordinates and loops would seem like a fairly decent way to go about it.
Maybe so but I need entirely different terrains. The W3X Tools (Beta) will allow me to do what I want though, if I max out the map size and make hybrid tiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.