• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiplayer Reset System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I started a RPG map a few weeks ago and I want to creat complex boss fights.
If the whole group dies during a boss fight, the game shouldn't be over and I could creat a revival system but I can't reset the boss fights, as they include a lot of different triggers.
I found a trigger that creats savegames and had an idea:

- Save the game
Event:
player 1 types "-save game"
Action:
Game - Save game as tdnbt.w3z and load <-nothing-> (skip scores)

- all Heros die
Event and Conditions work as I want them to do, there's no use in posting them :)
Action:
Game - Load tdnbt.w3z (skip scores)

This system works fine in singleplayer mode. The heros die and the game automatically loads "tdnbt.w3z" so you can try the boss again.
But in multiplayer mode, you can't save the game, as the trigger doesn't crat a savegame in the save/multiplayer-folder.

So my question is, is there a way to make this trigger work in multiplayer mode at all? Or is it just impossible?
If you know another way to reset the boss fights, feel free to post it.

I hope you can help me

btw: is it possible to reduce a unit's movement speed via trigger, so the unit can't move at all? If I reduce it to 0, the unit moves just very slowly.

Koragon

Level 5
btw: is it possible to reduce a unit's movement speed via trigger, so the unit can't move at all? If I reduce it to 0, the unit moves just very slowly.

yes you can, use a trigger to set movement speed = 0. but in order to do that, you have to change the gameplay constant:
go to "Advance" -> "Gameplay constants" Make sure the check at the top left is checked and find "Movement - Unit Speed - Maximum/Minimum" and set them to 522 and 0 respectively.

as for the reset the boss fight sure it can be done via triggers, just depends how hard and complex your triggers were that you would have to un-do. simple things can be "Unit - set life of unit to 100%"

Status
Not open for further replies.