• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hey I need to make a multiboard. i watched a lot of tutorials ( written by guys )
how to make it.. but i actually just found multiboards with lesser rows then mine.. or i was just to stupid to make it... the following stuff i need in my multiboard

:
a little Portrait (picture of the Players hero)
Kills from a Specified player's hero
Deaths from a specified player's hero
"team 1. Kills total"
Team 2 kills total
team 1 deaths total
team 2 deaths total
Gold of current Player.

I need them in this order:

Game Status.
Team 1 Kills / Deaths.
Hero pic./kills/deaths /Gold
Hero pic./kills/deaths/gold
Hero pic./ Kills / Deaths /Gold

Team 2 Kills /Deaths
"Game time(From Begin)"
A timer who counts From 5minutes to 0. ( for duel time )

Map is 5vs5. so 1 line for each player... can anyone tell me how to do it?^^....

Last edited:
Level 28
Check this out: it's got an attached map that might help you.

Setting up a multiboard isn't hard, it just takes time.
All you need to do is:
  • Create the multiboard with the amount of rows/collumns you want.
  • Set the mb items' width to whatever you desire.
  • Set mb items' icons/text to on/off.
  • Set the correct items and text to the correct mb item (this is different from the above!)
  • Show the multiboard
  • Update the multiboard

In the tutorial (see link on top of this post), you should be able to guide yourself through those steps (as the tutorial is a map, so you can actually see the results).

Edit: I decided you might want to see a few multiboard examples, along with their triggers.

mb3e.jpg

• Multiboard NvS
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 4 columns and 16 rows, titled |c00666fffGame Stat...
      • -------- Setup Text --------
      • Multiboard - Hide (Last created multiboard)
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 0, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to |c00448844Player Na...
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to |c00448844Points|r
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to |c00448844Kill/Deat...
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row 1 to |c00448844K/D Ratio...
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to |c00dd7907North|...
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 9 to |c00dd7907South|...
      • For each (Integer i[1]) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Player(i[1])) slot status) Equal to Is playing
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • i[1] Less than 7
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • ((Player(i[1])) controller) Equal to Computer
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (i[1] + 2) to (Color[i[1]] + ([Computer] + |r))
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (i[1] + 2) to (Color[i[1]] + ((Name of (Player(i[1]))) + |r))
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • i[1] Greater than or equal to 7
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • ((Player(i[1])) controller) Equal to Computer
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (i[1] + 3) to (Color[i[1]] + ([Computer] + |r))
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (i[1] + 3) to (Color[i[1]] + ((Name of (Player(i[1]))) + |r))
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • i[1] Less than 7
                • Then - Actions
                  • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (i[1] + 2) to |c00666666[Unused]|...
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • i[1] Greater than or equal to 7
                • Then - Actions
                  • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (i[1] + 3) to |c00666666[Unused]|...
                • Else - Actions
      • -------- Setup Size --------
      • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 0 to 10.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 0 to 4.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 0 to 6.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row 0 to 5.00% of the total screen width
      • Wait 0.10 seconds
      • Multiboard - Show (Last created multiboard)

mb2tu.jpg

• Multiboard
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.03 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 5 columns and 11 rows, titled |c00884444E|r|c0044...
      • Set Multiboard = (Last created multiboard)
      • -------- === Multiboard Style === --------
      • -------- Icons/Text --------
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 0, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 1, row 0 to Show text and Show icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 1, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 1, row 7 to Show text and Hide icons
      • -------- Width --------
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 0, row 0 to 4.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 1, row 0 to 12.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 0, row 2 to 0.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 1, row 2 to 28.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 0, row 7 to 0.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 1, row 7 to 28.00% of the total screen width
      • -------- Base Text --------
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Player Name
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to Kills
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to C. Kills
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row 1 to Deaths
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 5, row 1 to Dead?
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to |c00106...
      • For each (Integer LoopInt) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Player(LoopInt)) slot status) Equal to Is playing
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Player(LoopInt)) controller) Equal to User
                • Then - Actions
                  • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (LoopInt + 2) to (Color[LoopInt] + ((Name of (Player(LoopInt))) + |r))
                • Else - Actions
                  • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (LoopInt + 2) to (Color[LoopInt] + (<Computer> + |r))
            • Else - Actions
              • Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (LoopInt + 2) to UI\Widgets\BattleNet\chaticons\bnet-squelch.blp
              • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (LoopInt + 2) to |c00888888<Unused>|...
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 7 to |c004E2...
      • For each (Integer LoopInt) from 5 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Player(LoopInt)) slot status) Equal to Is playing
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Player(LoopInt)) controller) Equal to User
                • Then - Actions
                  • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (LoopInt + 3) to (Color[LoopInt] + ((Name of (Player(LoopInt))) + |r))
                • Else - Actions
                  • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (LoopInt + 3) to (Color[LoopInt] + (<Computer> + |r))
            • Else - Actions
              • Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (LoopInt + 3) to UI\Widgets\BattleNet\chaticons\bnet-squelch.blp
              • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (LoopInt + 3) to |c00888888<Unused>|...
      • Multiboard - Minimize Multiboard

Level 1
holy shit how should i make this big trigger ?.<.< can i copy it from some map ? can you give me a map with thoose multiboard.

Level 28
holy shit how should i make this big trigger ?.<.< can i copy it from some map ? can you give me a map with thoose multiboard.
Those multiboards are examples of what you might create. I don't recommend copying them, try making your own if you really want to learn it.
I've sent you a map with all information you need to create your own multiboard. It takes more time then copying one, but a mapper who can't create his own multiboards is kinda pathetic, no?
Those multiboards belong to maps I made, so you'd just be copying one that belongs to another map. It's not customized for your own map, which also decreases the usefulness of it.

How about getting people to learn multiboards without showing the "unused" rows so the multiboard isn't as big as it needs to be when there isn't as much players because personally I find it irritating and just plain anoying seeing one with the useless rows:p.
If you understand my tutorial, you'll be able to. All you need to do is decrease the amount of rows with the amount of people that are not playing and change the rows where you place the items in. Not really hard.
I don't find it irritating at all, but everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.

Level 1
Those multiboards are examples of what you might create. I don't recommend copying them, try making your own if you really want to learn it.
I've sent you a map with all information you need to create your own multiboard. It takes more time then copying one, but a mapper who can't create his own multiboards is kinda pathetic, no?
Those multiboards belong to maps I made, so you'd just be copying one that belongs to another map. It's not customized for your own map, which also decreases the usefulness of it.

If you understand my tutorial, you'll be able to. All you need to do is decrease the amount of rows with the amount of people that are not playing and change the rows where you place the items in. Not really hard.
I don't find it irritating at all, but everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.

where can i see the map you've sendet me? + can you maybe make a video... with hypercam or something like that a little short tutorial thats better to learn.

Level 28
where can i see the map you've sendet me? + can you maybe make a video... with hypercam or something like that a little short tutorial thats better to learn.
I can, but I won't.
The tutorial can be found in the first link in my first post in this thread.
Learning through the editor is (according to me) easier than learning through a video. From a video, you only learn whatever I do, from a map you should be able to see what I do and create your own things with that (yes: the tutorial is a MAP, not plain text).

I said all of this before though, perhaps (re)read my first post again?

You can use My Multiboard System if you want :)
It's VERY GUI friendly :D
It's in vJASS though :/

All you have to do is give it the names of your variables, and it'll do the rest ^^
The only thing it won't do is count your kills, deaths, gold, and levels.
You have to create a GUI trigger that updates the kills, deaths, ... variables
and my system will display them ^^

EDIT: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/combat-multiboard-system-v1-02-vjass-192890/

Level 13
hey I need to make a multiboard. i watched a lot of tutorials ( written by guys )
how to make it.. but i actually just found multiboards with lesser rows then mine.. or i was just to stupid to make it... the following stuff i need in my multiboard

:
a little Portrait (picture of the Players hero)
Kills from a Specified player's hero
Deaths from a specified player's hero
"team 1. Kills total"
Team 2 kills total
team 1 deaths total
team 2 deaths total
Gold of current Player.

I need them in this order:

Game Status.
Team 1 Kills / Deaths.
Hero pic./kills/deaths/gold
Hero pic./ Kills / Deaths /Gold

Team 2 Kills /Deaths
"Game time(From Begin)"
A timer who counts From 5minutes to 0. ( for duel time )

Map is 5vs5. so 1 line for each player... can anyone tell me how to do it?^^....

for "A timer who counts From 5minutes to 0. ( for duel time )" you should use a regular count down timer with a regular timer window imo. if you're not sure what it looks like, visit the link in my signature the demon hunt tournament and look at that timer.

"Game Status." - what does this one mean? is this the title of your multiboard?

i can make your multiboard so easily, it's not much different from mine

look at my multiboard in the link the ancient fronter. it is almost exactly like your multiboard, only better.

big differences include mine has revival timers for each hero, also mine has no tracking of player gold(not at the moment, anyway, still deciding what i'll put in the final column)...but it's easy to add another column with jboard.

might i suggest you replace the "Team 2 Kills /Deaths" with "team pic./kills/deaths"? then you can have one more stat at the end, but team name would fill up the row if you needed it to, i guess.

anyway i highly recommend jboard because if you dislike the way your multiboard is set up, it's really easy to switch it around with no hassle.

but anyway if you don't like the countdown timer window idea for duels, you can definitely still fit that in the multiboard with jboard with little to no problem.

the triggers jboard, mbtaf and summonhero should probably have all or almost all the code for multiboard. you can just skim through jboard for the most part and as for summonhero, just do the ctrl f to search for the relevant functions, as that gigantic trigger has a lot of stuff that has nothing to do with the multiboard. mbtaf is the one that sets up the multiboard, and is the one you would be the most concerned with.

How about getting people to learn multiboards without showing the "unused" rows so the multiboard isn't as big as it needs to be when there isn't as much players because personally I find it irritating and just plain anoying seeing one with the useless rows:p.

Just do what my system does.
Loop through all the players to check if they're playing or if they left.
If they are, increase the number of rows by 1 and input the player's data on the multiboard using the current number of rows.
It's pretty simple :)

Status
Not open for further replies.