• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Multi Shot with AoE damage on each target and play Special Effect on each target hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Any one know how to do that?

I have MultiShot with 3 lvls, at lvl 1 I attack 2 targets, lvl 2 = 3 targets, lvl 3 = 4 targets. . . but I wanna do AoE damage to each target within 200 range of the target. . .

Can anyone help me out with this?

I cant use JASS, so I'd preffer GUI triggers please. . .

Level 2
i can help you with it, all you have to tell me is how the unit casts it... like is it and Instant cast, target cast, or AOE cast... =]

Level 2
I do what multi-shot is... but i messed with multi-shot many times, and i make cast as a instant cast, aoe, and a target cast =]

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
MULTISHOT IS A PASSIVE SPELL YOU fool!!!
He wants it that when a unit attacks a unit, each arrow launched from the passive ability deals AOE damage. For thoes who do not know, multi shot is the passive ability of an upgraded "siege engine" that is called barrage. Somehow people can make it launch arrows that deal a % of damage (need confirmation) appon attacking and so he wants it that each arrow deals AOE damage.

Level 5
Hmm. . . to JASS or not to JASS, that is the question. . .

Well, as there's no good way to do it without JASS, then I guess that nows a good a time as any to start. . .

Ummm. . . where to start?

Can someone show me how to do this and explain whats doing what?

Level 10
Leak
Leak
and lots of more Leaks..
Using GUI for damage detection will keep creating a new event whenever a new unit is created.

Keep in mind that this ability only works correctly as long as the unit who has the ability only has an attack and no other way to deal damage(spells or other periodic effects would also do AoE damage).
By the way, you are leaking a group and location at Map init.

The best way to go would be jass for no leaks.

Level 25
2 leaks at map init means nothing. I cleaned up all the meaningful leaks in the main trigger.

'Keep in mind that this only works correctly as long as it is a unit without any other way to damage enemies except attacking.'

True, but there are ways around this.

'and lots of more Leaks..'

I only found 2 in the map init, where are the other ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.