• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] MUI Method in GUI

Which is The Best Method?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I don't know what is MPI but if i use
  • Hero - Instantly revive <Unit>[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] at (Position of (Triggering unit)), Hide revival graphics
  • Selection - Select <Unit>[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
  • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of <Unit>[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) to (Position of (Triggering unit)) over 0.00 seconds
as long as i test those they work perfect u can use them free of bugs and yes this is not spell but maps that u have more than 1 unit that have triggered ability are very rare and in this case u still can use math for example
if triggering unit is a footman
(plaer number of owner of Triggering unit) x10 +1
if is rifleman
x10 +2
(in this way u can have 10 units for each player
this may have weaknes but in my maps i still don't have more than 1 unit per player with triggered spell

Level 10
I don't know what is MPI
MPI stand for Multi-Player-Instanceable
It to make spell can cast-able to 1 unit per player without glitch.

• Hero - Instantly revive <Unit>[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] at (Position of (Triggering unit)), Hide revival graphics
  • Selection - Select <Unit>[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
  • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of <Unit>[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) to (Position of (Triggering unit)) over 0.00 seconds
if triggering unit is a footman
(plaer number of owner of Triggering unit) x10 +1
if is rifleman
x10 +2
your methods is to make MPI, and your second methods (using math) can only take 10 unit per player, and to many index that are not used (let's say 12-20 index is not used)

All methods i post on my first post is to make it can casted by as many unit per player.

but maps that u have more than 1 unit that have triggered ability are very rare
You're right, it's rare to see triggered spell casted by more than one unit on one player in maps. but, how about system? like jump system, or another system, they must be MUI, because the chance they are used by many unit on same player is big and in that case, it must be MUI.

Level 9
then in that case you must have whole system to make indexes for all units if u wonna indexing and it's alot of work an thinking but here in hive have tutorials that i can't fully understood but nvm tnx for the info

Level 10
well....... i dont know how you learned this o_O why theres only thing like this for english isnt there french mui gui topics ...... its could help me a lot .......

oh and i was asking is there any topic that talk about evry local variable and explain it ?
even if i tryng to search i found nothing interesting ... maybe some1 could help me a bit pm if u can

Status
Not open for further replies.