• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ms3d?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
That's what I'm saying. The way in which you make the keys sometimes affect the final export. The subte differences can change drastically how close the exported animation are to the originals.

Or you've set up your sequences wrong. Putting 42 instead of 41 for sequences starting at 1 was an older issue for me.

What you do in Milkshape affects what comes out. Follow what I said above on any problematic bones. Unless I've misunderstood what you're getting at.

Level 23
Depends on what you mean by "jerky." Having a lot of rotation can cause "jerky" movement because the bones aren't going where they're supposed to. Jerks can also be caused by placing the wrong keyframes in each sequence interval, because a keyframe or two can be cut off.

Level 6
They go where I want in Milkshape, but in-game they run away, e.g: Death animation is when the model falls on it's knees and catches on its chest and falls on floor in Milkshape, But in-game it just raises it's hands up and falls like a wooden board on it's head!

Level 23
I keep the first frame a keyframe for all bones in their zero position, for situations like this.

Instead of rotating the problematic bones in situ, rotate them from zero in the reference key and then copy and paste (don't even need to set keyframe, so the reference stays perfect). Doing this usually helps, but in some situations it may not work.

If you're still having trouble, you can send me the model and I'll take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.