• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

mr_psycho2000's map of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
the map of the week that i have chosen to write about is not on this site, at least i dont think it is.
its called parasite.

you or a marine or a alien

marines must find out who alien is before the alien kills them and infects them.

alien must kill all marines to win.

I only played this map once and i thought it was very cool and fun. very much like murder at the mansion, dark deeds, the changeling. the map creator has imported models and skins into the map to give the whole game a good look and feel. What i perticaly liked about the map is the tile set he used, it changed the entire look of the map and was a breath of fresh air from the other blizzard tilesets.
the only problem i had with it is the alien, the alien is weak against all the marines wich makes it very difficult to play as the alien because the players who or marines will only split up if they or noobs, wich they didn't on the game i played. all the marines together kills the alien in about 5 sec.
this is only a minor unbalanced part of the map.
overall i really enjoyed it and i think you should give it a try with your friends.

Level 22
I tried the parasite map on this site and it crashed WC3 the second the map started. Not even an error message like the kind you ger when there's a bad trigger or an invalid object on the map...just threw me back to my desktop. I delete non-working maps, but since no one else can complained about that yet, I have'nt done it to that one yet.
-VGsatomi

Level 3
I've played this map on B.net some times, and it is in fact quite amusing, but it can get a bit boring once you've played it a bunch of times. But it is definetly a good map.

Status
Not open for further replies.