• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MPQ music editing - is it accepted here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
If I was to change the music used in Gaias (currently added custom music unchanged of course) by editing mpq's, would it be against forum rules to upload it here to others if due credit is given? I can't find any specific rules regarding music and many maps (including Gaias) already have custom music taken from other games. Therefore I want to know if I can do this or if it is against the rules.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Damn that sucks! I spend a lot of time pitching files up so that they were appropriately pitched down/equalized to normal levels in Gaias' "Sound/music" system. The results were pretty nice.

EDIT:
So it would be okay if I were to upload such mpqs here, giving appropriate game/artist credits?

Last edited:
Damn that sucks! I spend a lot of time pitching files up so that they were appropriately pitched down/equalized to normal levels in Gaias' "Sound/music" system. The results were pretty nice.

EDIT:
So it would be okay if I were to upload such mpqs here, giving appropriate game/artist credits?
Since you are a private non-profit person, I doubt you'll have to fear any consequences.
But the fact remains that it's still piracy of some sort, since anyone can download that MPQ and extract the music files.

So i'd say if you want to do that, use the pastebin and make a thread where you tell people about your MPQ and give them the link via PM.

I can probably even sticky that thread if you wish.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I see, very nice feature! By the way, do you want to try my "music addon" out? :)

Update: Currently having trouble uploading the files. It is veeeeerrryyy slow. When done, I will make a thread.

Last edited:

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
It seems impossible to upload MPQ files to Pastebin. It takes hours to upload files of that size and when I came back the site had autounlogged me.

Update: Bad news. It appears to be impossible to upload the zip through pastebin. Even when (after 5 hours) it "succeeds" the uploading nothing really happens and it just deletes the pastebin I had created for the file to be in. Do you have any other advice Zwie ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.