• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

mpq extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just open the program, go to File, Open and find your Warcraft III directory folder. Open either War3.mpq or War3X.mpq (these are the files most of the data are stored in) and it will load the contents of the mpq you selected. Right click on them and select extract. I use Power MPQ.

Reference:
[•] http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools.php?id=d5w2va

You can view "Read Me.txt" too for more info.

Level 5
In the folder where should be the programme, there is only more folders and I can't find the icon of the programme.

If I have done any mistake:-the folder which I downloaded is called MPQ Extractor_1.0

Level 28
thanks for the above.

Where can I find the voices of the units (so that the voices of the units be heard in a custom map in a cinematic)?
Inside the world editor there's something called the "Sound Editor", you can find (and extract) all sounds/music there.
If you want to find it in the MPQ editor, it's "war3.mpq/Sound" (or "war3x.mpq/Sound", for the TFT sounds).

If the program you use doesn't give a clear list, I suggest you use "MPQ Editor", I've got the 64-bit version so I might not be able to give it to you (as you probably have a 32-bit PC).
It's a very good program which shows a clear list, you can edit files inside the editor itself (you can also choose to lock the MPQ-file, so you don't edit anything by accident).

Screeny of MPQ Editor:

knipselc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.