• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MPQ Extractor Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
K, so I downloaded an MPQ Extractor and it's in a folder, I just don't know how to get it to work! I would like to edit the campaign missions to make Arthas have low_Kwaliti's awesome Arthas model, but i don't know how to get the Extractor to work!! PLEEZ HELPZ!!:vw_wtf:

Yeh, hello? I don't how to tag this as "Unsolved", BUT IT IS!! Please reply if you can, don't skip over this.

Last edited:
Level 12
When you open the program, find the "War3x.mpq" or "War3.mpq" files in your wc3 folder. Open those (Depending if you want regular or xpac campaign) and then open it with the WE.

Then you'll be fine.

If you can't find out how to open it...double click the icon... or click it to select it and hit "Enter" or "Return" depending on your computer's keyboard. If you're on a mac, well, that could be the problem, get windows, mac is terrible!

Level 4
The Problem is that it's in a folder, which has a "Contents" folder, which has a bunch of other crap in it. I just don't know how to turn the MPQ Extractor on! All it does if I click on an option is pull up a script-like page. I still have the original zip file, does that help?

Level 12
Find the one labeled Application then. If it's not Executable.

From the download page: "If the program is launched by double-clicking an archive or a selection of archives, it will automatically quit once it has extracted that set of archives (and any archive added in-between)."

Try that.

Otherwise, get rid of MPQ Extractor, and download MPQ Master. That's the one I use, and it's easy. Click on the colorful icon, and it opens up, then you just find an .mpq and have fun.

Last edited:
Level 4
K, the MPQ Master works, i just need a few more pointers. Can I download the campaign as a whole? I've been downloading the maps separately and made a new campaign that I put those maps in. If I can download the whole campaign file, i don't have to figure out what goes in the other areas, cuz it'll already be there. :goblin_good_job:

Level 4
Crap, cuz when I made a custom campaign I got everything pretty much right except that the maps wouldn't show up in the Level Selection screen. Whenever I tried to save teh map it gave me an error that said something like, "the maps in red have errors and the maps in blue don't exist." Some crazy crap like that.

Level 12
idk bout the errors but you go into the screen tab in the campaign editor. where it shows the chapters, add them all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.