• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MPQ Editor Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys, I have an MPQ Editor (Ladik's) and I pretty much don't know what to do with it. I'm currently reading lessons about JASS, and a lesson said that I should know how to extract MPQ files.

I know anyone may know, so
Questions:
How do you extract MPQ Files?
What MPQ Files are most commonly extracted?
How does it relate to using JASS?
And also, which do you suggest me to use: JASSCraft or JNGPE?

Notes:
I do not have any previous knowledge of WE's GUI, other programming languages, etc.
I have XP and Windows 7 (Professional and Ultimate), if that ever may have any concern to what I will be doing.

Thank you so much for answering, if ever someone does.

Level 37
MPQ files are a collection of other files like models, images and maps.
MPQ files do not directly relate to JASS, though you can export the code of a map.
JNGP is quite popular and good editor.
Extracting files with an MPQ editor is really simple. Open the file, then browse the desired file and right click it and select "extract" or something like that. There is usually an extract function in the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.