• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I get this file from some game of china. They used file MPQ in game data.
Now, i want to translate and edit file MPQ like edit file MPQ of blizzard but i can't use tool unpack MPQ as MPQ editor....
I think, cause MPQ editor don't have listfile of this game so, it can't unpack or open file MPQ.
Please help me, looking for tool unpack this file!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try using this MPQ editor. It opens all offical MPQ files that comply to the MPQ standards set by Blizzard and is the best MPQ editor I know. If that does not work then they are using either a custom varient of MPQ file (based on source codes of various libraries) or the file structure is not a MPQ (they happened to append it .mpq by chance).

All the links and images you posted are broken.

Level 1
I tried to open it with MPQ editor but impossible. Because mpq editor don't have list file of all game or a part of game.
What should I do to open it? Please help me!

My link and images are not broken. Please check again!
Thanks!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Open the file with an Hex editor. Check in the first row, if this is an mpq, it will start with this: 4D 50 51 1A which means MPQ→
Wrong. The MPQ header is aligned to 512 bytes anywhere in the file. You need to iterativly check at 512 byte offsets to find the header. This is because you can embed MPQ archives inside other files such as an executable.

I tried to open it with MPQ editor but impossible. Because mpq editor don't have list file of all game or a part of game.
What should I do to open it? Please help me!
It should open it fine if it is an MPQ just it will show garbage names as without the list file the names used for the hashing are unknown.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
all the mpq files from blizzard starts with these values (I never said that is the header...).
No they do not, the value you gave is the indicator for the traditional archive header which signifies the start of the header. That header can be located at places other than the start of the file. For example that name is located at offset 512 in WarCraft III maps as there is a preheader before the MPQ header.

Newer archives such as those used by SC2 have 4D 50 51 1B as the archive user data header. This header then contains the offset to the real header (4D 50 51 1A) in the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.