• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Since I haven't yet been accepted into the team, I don't know what you have so far in this regard. I was wondering what movement system you had so far. If right now it is the ususal right-click thing, I would like to submit a test map that shows how I would do this. First of all, I would make the movement based on arrows keys. Then I would make a Forced Key system to make a spellbook always open. I would make a system that has a target unit for the hero so that it doesn't have to click the target every spell cast. If this is any use, tell me.

Level 25
The movement works like this:

Arrow keys (depending what camera system you have enabled) are what are meant to be used to move your character. Up goes forward, left and right turns, and the down arrow makes the character walk backwards. Av3n is currently working on a system which will allow players to adjust how fast/slow their character turns.

You can also right-click on the terrain to move as well if the arrow keys seem to require too much labor. Though, we recommend using the arrow keys.

For the targetting system, we already have one, but have not yet implemented it. If you'd like to send us your version of a targetting system and perhaps movement system as well, that is fine.

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.