• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Movement Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
How far does a unit move in game per second based on its movement speed value?

I think there is no fixed value... It depends, as you see, if a unit movement speed is 522(max in WC3 world editor), it moves at a distance ranging from 125~150 per second of game time. Maybe there's a formula... Like: ((Movement speed of specific unit)/(3.5)=Covered distance per second of game time
Note:
/ - Division(Math Operator)

Level 8
Note almost every bnet game is played on "fast" instead of "normal," which might change it a little.

Level 12
Same with fields like projectile speed, i would assume.

I don't know if it is the right but projectile systems uses something like PERIOD*SPEED.
Where Period is the timer like 0.04
and speed is the missile speed like 700. I don't know if the following is right through, but I think that it means the missile moves 700 coordinates in the second. atleast 0.04 * 700 = 28 that means that the projectile is moving 28 coordinates each PERIOD. Hope it helped in someway. This should count for units too since a projectile is a unit.

Level 9
For example, Shockwave (Tauren hero ability) has moving speed of 1050. That's equivalent to moving a distance of 31.5 every 0.03 seconds. 1050*0.03 = 31.5.

So I'd say a moving speed of 270 is equivalent of moving 270 distance units per second.

I agree with Maker's conlusion.:thumbs_up:

Level 19
Note almost every bnet game is played on "fast" instead of "normal," which might change it a little.

just tried that but it did not make any difference
I made a trigger which ran every second and displayed the distance between the new and last position
additionally I set the game speed to "slowest" and "fastest" and the time was the same in both cases
this leads me to the conclusion that a "second" in warcraft 3 is not a real second all the time

however, units move a little slower than their max movement speed
(I had a bloodmage with 500 ms running a very long straight line and he had 499.99 and 484.99 ms [swapped every second] )

edit:
at "fastest" a real second is equal to an ingame second while at "slowest" a second is equal to something like 1,6
and from time to time the bloodmage also ran 502.17 ms (not that often though)

Level 7
just tried that but it did not make any difference
I made a trigger which ran every second and displayed the distance between the new and last position
additionally I set the game speed to "slowest" and "fastest" and the time was the same in both cases
this leads me to the conclusion that a "second" in warcraft 3 is not a real second all the time

however, units move a little slower than their max movement speed
(I had a bloodmage with 500 ms running a very long straight line and he had 499.99 and 484.99 ms [swapped every second] )

edit:
at "fastest" a real second is equal to an ingame second while at "slowest" a second is equal to something like 1,6
and from time to time the bloodmage also ran 502.17 ms (not that often though)

Yo that's some good stuff D4RK_G4ND4LF, + rep!

Status
Not open for further replies.