• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need slowing movement trigger help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Alrite i have a trigger that goes kinda like this

-Set movement speed of unit(for me i had GreatRoarTarget) to current movement speed - [current movement speed * .05] (this basically reduces move speed by 5%).

-Wait 15 sec

-Set movement speed of unit(for me i had GreatRoarTarget) to default movement speed. (setting it back to what it originally was) (i also tried set movement speed to current movement speed / .95).

This trigger fails to make the new slower speed back to what it originally was and iw as wondering why? Picked Unit variable (GreatRoarTarget in my case) is the problem perhaps?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Do one of the below
  1. Replace the ability with a dummy endurance aura with "-" speed values once cast for 15 seconds than reset the ability to normal.
  2. Make it cast a "roar like" spell that has speed to negitive values and a duration of 15 seconds (not totaly sure if there is such a spell)
  3. Make a cleaver system that detects and returns the exact speed a unit had, very complex.

Level 8
Do one of the below
  1. Replace the ability with a dummy endurance aura with "-" speed values once cast for 15 seconds than reset the ability to normal.
  2. Make it cast a "roar like" spell that has speed to negitive values and a duration of 15 seconds (not totaly sure if there is such a spell)
  3. Make a cleaver system that detects and returns the exact speed a unit had, very complex.

Concering #2, you could use scroll of speed ability, modified to target enemies and speed bonus set to negative value.

Level 3
If the trigger fires again, it would overlap the old GreatRoarTarget.

Also, move speed modifiers (auras, etc) can skew the results.

I made sure not 2 use it 2x.

No move speed auras present.

What im simply thinking is that when i saw return units to their default speed it doesnt work because each dif unit has a dif default speed... im stumped O.O

Status
Not open for further replies.