• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Move Hero's To Random Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need help creating a trigger that goes something like this:
I'm playing with 9 others (so 10 altogether) and there's 2 teams, and we all choose a hero from a tavern (there are 18 heroes max, so 10 out of the 18 are chosen), and once the hero picking timer runs out, I need to have all the heroes from team one moved to a random region in my map(out of 18 altogether) with the condition that you can only enter, for Example, the wizard region if one of those 5 players from team 1 controls the wizard hero, or the knight region if one of those 5 players controls the knight hero. Same goes for team 2 (so even though there are 18 heroes with 18 regions, only 5 of those regions should be available according to the 5 heroes that were picked each team.) I don't know how to add these kind of conditions to something random like this :confused: So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Level 8
Solved

Here it goes. This kind of system needs creativity. You can't use integers just like unit groups. So here's a shot at your system i made especially for you. It works with 1 to 8 players and it's just an demonstration. Once you understand it, you can implement it on your map. Think of it as an incentive for keep mapping and active on the hive ;p

Edit:: I found an issue with this version, posted another one fixed and tweaked on my next post. :)

Attachments

• Jampacked1's Spawn System.w3x
    21 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Level 3
Wow, thanks so much man. +rep to you.
Also, do you think instead of the "can't pick trigger", you can show me some way to make it so that if there's a player that hasn't picked a hero by the time the timer expires, he gets a random hero? But thanks so much dude, I appreciate all your help.:smile:

Level 3
Hey I've been trying to implement your triggers into my map, and I've been working on it for hours but I can't seem to make it work. All I did was change it so that all the normal heroes (Pit Lord, Alchemist, etc..) were my map's custom heroes, so I had to add like 10 heroes to the triggers, and whenever one of the triggers goes off, it just sends them to one specific region every time. If you could show me what I'm doing wrong, I'd really appreciate it!

Level 8
Here's the tweaked version of it ;D
It works (fixed team forces, simple) and added the Random Pick System after the picking time ;D
For better testing, you can even test it singleplayer or multi, it will always have 8 heroes picked.
Also, added a game display message that shows you the heropick strings, just for demonstrating it. :)

Here it goes. This kind of system needs creativity. You can't use integers just like unit groups. So here's a shot at your system i made especially for you. It works with 1 to 8 players and it's just an demonstration. Once you understand it, you can implement it on your map. Think of it as an incentive for keep mapping and active on the hive ;p

Removing Leaks is up to you.
Also, if you want to use this system with more than 9 heroes you must increase one digit on the system. Like when you set the HeroPick strings you must use "01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, [...]" instead of "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, [...]". Also, edit the substrings so they check the two digits of the strings.

max 9 heroes - just use the system
from 10 to 99 heroes - increase one digit
from 100 do 999 heroes - increase two (100 heroes, really? you sure you want to do that?)

This system was tested with 18 heroes when implemented in Jampacked1's map and worked perfectly.

Attachments

• Jampacked1's Spawn System.w3x
    22.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.