• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mouse Rotation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im creating a third person map, and I am able to have the camera locked onto my hero unit, but when i try to spin my mouse in-game to make my camera spin, nothing happens. the camera remains locked on the hero unit, facing only a single direction. My camera assignment trigger:

Begins at Initialization

• General - For each integer A from 1 to 10 with increment 1, do (Actions)
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set Camera Object[A] target to ((Position of Zombie Defender[A]) offset by 0.75 height)
      • Camera - Set Camera Object[A] Distance to 2.5
      • Camera - Apply Camera Object[A] for player A over 0.0 seconds with Existing Velocity% initial velocity, 0% deceleration, and Include Target
      • Camera - Lock camera mouse relative mode On for player A
      • Camera - Turn camera mouse rotation On for player A
      • Camera - Unlock camera input for player A
My Camera Loop:

• Camera Loop
    • Events
      • Timer - Every 0.03 seconds of Game Time
    • Local Variables
      • A = 0 <Integer>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • General - For each integer A from 1 to 10 with increment 1, do (Actions)
        • Actions
          • Camera - Pan the camera for player A to ((Position of Zombie Defender[A]) offset by 0.75 height) over 0.1 seconds with Existing Velocity% initial velocity, 10% deceleration, and Do Not use smart panning
          • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) face (Current camera yaw of player A) over 0.0 seconds
I had followed a tutorial as a guideline, and from what I can tell nothing is wrong with it... but it doesn't work with spinning.

Level 9
I'm having trouble following this and your triggers include actions that I don't recognize, but just so I understand, you're saying that the camera will not pan when you try to scroll your mouse left or right to make the camera spin in that direction?

Level 4
the lock camera relative action keeps the middle mouse button locked at all times, making the camera drag whenever the mouse is moved, however the camera rotation lock forces any camera drag to instead rotate the camera, and the unlock camera input allows the player to be able to manipulate the camera. This is a direct copy from my trigger editor of galaxy editor, so that is how the actions all appear in the trigger.

Actually i figured out the problem. I keep reapplying the camera in my loop. in order for the camera to spin, the unit that the camera is locked on must be standing still.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.