• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Mouse dying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I got this razer pro solutions v1.6 computer mouse.
A thing that has begun to happen is that it suddenly dies, rendering it unusable until I replug it.
Sometimes the lights go out on it, so it looks like it is unplugged, but sometimes the lights are still there, but it is still dead.
In some of the "deaths" I hear the "a usb has been connected/disconnected" windows sound.
I have tried it on other computers, and it works perfectly. Other mouses work on my computer.
It is not the usbports either, I have tried all of them, and it is the same in them all.

Anyone that can help me with this? It is quite damn annoying to be unable to use the mouse every 20 seconds.

Couldn't find anything helpful after some googling.

Thanks.

Level 9
mouses of the laser types always fail(I have 3 broken ones).

The mouse's usbport may not be compatible to your port, either the computer's usb port is too big(a little, it may not be even noticable in the naked eye) or the mouse's port is too small.

Level 25
I doubt it is the mouse or connection, if it works fine on other computers.
I've reinstalled the drivers as well.

And the mouse have worked for 2 (?) years without any problems on the same computer as well. It recently began to fuck up.

That is not a solution I have thought of Lichy, thanks.

Level 27
Well, I had the same problem. See, my mouse was dying, so I took it out from USB at behind and out to one at front and thse problems ended, but after some time it happaned again, so then it turned out it's the wire, so it just was immportant to diiscovered where exactly the wirse is damaged and someway fix it.

And it depends from position of your mouse, in one position the contacts may be pokay, while in other it might be more... uncomftable.

So yes it's the wire, you should check and probably fix it or get a new mouse.

Level 12
I got this razer pro solutions v1.6 computer mouse.
A thing that has begun to happen is that it suddenly dies, rendering it unusable until I replug it.
Sometimes the lights go out on it, so it looks like it is unplugged, but sometimes the lights are still there, but it is still dead.
In some of the "deaths" I hear the "a usb has been connected/disconnected" windows sound.
I have tried it on other computers, and it works perfectly. Other mouses work on my computer.
It is not the usbports either, I have tried all of them, and it is the same in them all.

Anyone that can help me with this? It is quite damn annoying to be unable to use the mouse every 20 seconds.

Couldn't find anything helpful after some googling.

Thanks.

Your computer is giving your mouse too less power, it's not the mouse problem, it's the computer problem, you must have run something that uses so much process that it eats up the power and they remove the connection between the mouse and the computer, sometimes, you might even have keyboard problem.

Level 15
Your computer is giving your mouse too less power, it's not the mouse problem, it's the computer problem, you must have run something that uses so much process that it eats up the power and they remove the connection between the mouse and the computer, sometimes, you might even have keyboard problem.

That makes utterly no sense. If the processor was eating up that much power, the power supply would start making amateur smoke signals that communicate "I'M DEAD" :/

Anyways, check the cable for any cuts, look carefully. I have had that make mouses go wiggy before.

I been through 4 mice all because eithor the buttons broke or the scroll wheele became unusable. Never had the laser or the cable die.

I once had a laser malfunction, fun thing to have your mousepad start melting.

Status
Not open for further replies.