• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Gaming Mice -- Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Hey, currently, I'm rocking around with a standard Logitech OEM Optical Wheel mouse .. and I am seriously considering getting myself an awesome new gaming mouse - I am talking hot-keys and adjustable sensitivity (on mouse, immediate change). I've had a Logitech MX518 Gaming mouse a while, but I've realized that it is a bit large and bulky. Therefore I'm wondering what you guys have, and if anyone has tried the Razer NAGA?

croppednaga_500x384.jpg

Those hot-keys look juicy, but somehow they're a bit tight together.. any opinions on them?

Level 34
It looks like a bloody mobile phone now.

Seriously, there is a line between playing FPS games for fun and fanatical playing them.

I'd say no, don't waste your money on stuff that doesn't feel alright in your hand with features that you wont use. Get a normal mouse with LMB, MMB and RMB, those three are all you need.

Besides, the 1 to 0 buttons are close to your WASD keys anyway.

Level 4
Get it if you want, but it looks hella confusing to me. If you are going to get a gaming mouse, Razer products are pretty good (I've had a Razer keyboard for about 3 years now, and it still works better than most things today).

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

It looks like a bloody mobile phone now.

Seriously, there is a line between playing FPS games for fun and fanatical playing them.

I'd say no, don't waste your money on stuff that doesn't feel alright in your hand with features that you wont use. Get a normal mouse with LMB, MMB and RMB, those three are all you need.

Besides, the 1 to 0 buttons are close to your WASD keys anyway.

Well, for FPS I can't see why you'd need hotkeys at all, but then again, I don't play much FPS other than for fun, and I do fine with just WASD and a regular mouse anyway.. but when it comes to games where you actually need hotkeys, it's different.

I don't know how it feels in my hand, so I was hoping someone had experience with that mouse - I will utilize the hotkeys to the maximum (you get more hotkeys by combining with, for instance, CTRL and 1-12 hotkey), so it is definitely useful! Though I've never had a Razer so I don't know how the quality is, and most of all, the hotkeys seem a bit tight.

LMB, WHEEL and RMB is definitely not enough for me, once you've tried a mouse with BACK and FORTH, you don't go for another, regular mouse. Then also apply sensitivity levels, and you're almost there.. the only thing missing is a few hotkeys. 1-0 is way too far from WASD, you can't click 5 while still maintaining a right turn, and not 1 doing a left turn (well, it can be done of course, but it's not a good solution). Besides, not all games have WASD movement - *cough* DotA *cough* .. so you're stuck with ARROWKEYS, which is even worse.. with CTRL, 0 and SHIFT the only really useful hotkeys - and these are usually occupied for more important things. Thereby leaving the only good solution to have hotkeys on your mouse, or buying a gaming keyboard (those small ones) and assign the arrow-keys to the middle of it and have the hotkeys around..

Level 9
If you play RTS games that mouse would definitely come in handy. I have an old trackball mouse which I think is great for fast FPS movement along with quickly gliding across a map in RTS Games. The Razor would also come in handy in RPG games by adding lots of easy access hotkeys for spells and other things. Just depends on what you are planning on doing with the mouse, but yes would be great to have. Just hope it doesn't work as a key pad at all times and can be disabled, otherwise keep another mouse handy if you have a problem with hitting the buttons without trying. I always hit the arrow buttons on my mouse and go back in the web browser -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.