• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Mountain Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
A quick terrain I made. I'm trying to improve my snow-related terraining skills.
Comments and criticism if you please.

Last edited:
Level 10
The background seems way too bright.
Some of the doodads look out of place like the Crystals, Collums, and is that a Wall doodad i see?.
Is that suppose to be a pile of logs next to the fire? Looks like some streched out oversized log doodad.
Also the people seem far smaller then the trees.. maybe a bit too small.
That blue lighting towards top of hill, seems out of place/odd.

Sorry dont really like this one of yours - but there is some good points,
I think the horizon looks good if it wasnt bright white fog.
The overall layout is pretty good, would look better if you raised some areas in background where spots of trees and rocks are.

Level 17
mmk Added an edited version
And no, I have no idea what look I'm going for or what that thing in the middle is.
My WE kept crashing when I tried to make a sun.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
The second is faaaaar better than the first and better than the third.
Let's analyze them:
First One:

White lights don't match with Icecrow snow. Also, the log model is pretty ugly, the red fog is too big, you spammed lights in a crazy madness, the grass doesn't match the colors, the Dirt tile doesn't match too and the Blue Light Angled doesn't fit with this. Also, the broken Archway is inviseble in some parts lol...

Reason Taken: Get to da Choppa!

Second One:

This is the best of all, but it's still not so good. The color of the fog fits perfectly with the terrain, but the dirt doesn't, as the grass too... Also, why that spire is tresspassing the tree??

Reason Taken: Stay and fight! You still needs some improvement but it's your best one in the three!

Third One:

The purple fog doesn't works very well with Snowy terrains. Also, the Moon kinda spams it. Again, the combination stays:

Dirt + Grass + Icecrow terrain = Fail

Also, you need more snow weather.

Reason Taken: Exodar is almost falling, but don't give up! Before jumping in da Choppa, try again!

Anyway, my rating goes here, from 1 to 5

First one: 2
Second one: 4
Third one: 3

Here is, my review for my 1000 posts! Yay! 1000 posts!

/me jumps in da Choppa

Level 10
The second one is best... altho i kinda like what you where doing in the third but the purple is just bad.

In my opinion loose the unit models, the junk laying around, and the grass/dirst spots (fill them in with some kinda ice or sumthin). And make it more of a road/path.

:thumbs_up: for effort... most good terrains are not made easily.

Level 10
Definatly getting there, last 1 is good except for that huge white ball of light and the giant trees. Other then those 2 things it looks much better.

Maybe im just too critical...

Level 17
Huge trees? Where I used to live trees are much taller than how they look in this terrain. These trees would be considered small compared to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.