• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
This was for the gloomy terrain contest, but it didn't really turn out "gloomy".
Also-- The glow is NOT a sun or moon. It's up to you to figure out what it is :)

Edit: This is still a WIP, so constructive criticism is appreciated

Further edit: The open space at the bottom right is a frozen, snow-covered lake. And the part going down the mountains is just an old road or something...

Attachments

• I dunno....jpg
    I dunno....jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 392
  • I dunno... with people.jpg
    I dunno... with people.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Level 34
Looks good, although I preferred how the trees were before you lost the map. The whole terrain was better before, although I like the fog and the city more. That glow thing should be removed IMO. Your mountains in the background were way better before, with the trees on them.

(CnP from the contest)

Level 7
The terrain itself is very nice. It has an epic feeling to it. The only thing I'd suggest is to reconsider the glowing thing. Perhaps to a moon model and less drastic glow.

Level 36
man/woman really looks weird... The guy has his arm in front of the woman but his leg behind it... really makes it sound unnatural. Other than that, I think you're going to be hard competition in the contest.

My contest terrain is even better. But one problem-- Wolv said it is judged in game, A.K.A. playable, A.K.A. me/madsen/frosty/EVERYBODY failing miserably. Unless we all make new ones.

And yes, I realize the people look strange, it's the model :\
Supposed to give a foreboding atmosphere... I guess.

Level 28
What is going on there? Aliens? o.0

You could add a custom sky. You could also change the fog settings to give an impression of real cold. Its is like.... A light fog everywhere, giving the cold atmosphere, and a heavy fog at the background, giving the foggy day atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.