• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mountain King Statue

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
The entry is similar to other existing dwarven statues (Dwarven Statue, Muradin). The reason I made this one is because I wanted a statue that didn't show the character's eyeballs, that had a death animation in case I needed it to be demolished, and I also would have liked to see the mountain king in a more triumphant pose.

This model uses only in-game textures.

It comes in two equivalent versions: one with and one without pedestal.

Credits: Blizzard Entertainment, edited by Cuore

You have permission to edit this model, please give credit to the authors.

Edit 2017/04/30: added a dust particle emitter during Death animation
Contents

Mountain King Statue (Model)

Mountain King Statue with pedestal (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Please make use of proper geoset animation and make the model disappear at the end of the 'Death' animation.
Level 14
First of all: thank you for the comments and the suggestions. They are especially welcome since this is the work of a beginner; I will add the particle as suggested asap.

Then a little bit of an explanation. I am aware that this is likely too simple to be approvable, and I believe that this really belongs to the simple edit resources thread.
At the same time though, this model can really benefit from the features of the conventional resource database (the dedicated comment section, a judgement from a reviewer, and so on). In contrast in the simple edit resources thread even a simple series of comments to a submission can make the thread difficult to read and to maintain. That's the real reason for posting it here.

My idea is that this can be labeled substandard, and a clean post linking here can be submitted to the simple edit resources thread.

First of all: thank you for the comments and the suggestions. They are especially welcome since this is the work of a beginner; I will add the particle as suggested asap.

Then a little bit of an explanation. I am aware that this is likely too simple to be approvable, and I believe that this really belongs to the simple edit resources thread.
At the same time though, this model can really benefit from the features of the conventional resource database (the dedicated comment section, a judgement from a reviewer, and so on). In contrast in the simple edit resources thread even a simple series of comments to a submission can make the thread difficult to read and to maintain. That's the real reason for posting it here.

My idea is that this can be labeled substandard, and a clean post linking here can be submitted to the simple edit resources thread.

I can help u with that Simple model but IDK if will be approve

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44

Absolutely. Honestly, I fail to see why people are still hung up or unsure about this; the Substandard section exists for this express, designed purpose.
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"