• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mountain Giant Tree Prob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
First, you need your item. Here are some triggers I made that deal with the acquiring and loss of the tree:

• Acquire Tree
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Tree
    • Actions
      • Animation - Add the upgrade animation tag to (Hero manipulating item)
  • Lose Tree
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Loses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Animation - Remove the upgrade animation tag to (Hero manipulating item)
I have to look, though, how to get the tree to not be white. I'll look for an answer and get back to you.

Level 16
First, you need your item. Here are some triggers I made that deal with the acquiring and loss of the tree:

• Acquire Tree
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Animation - Add the upgrade animation tag to (Hero manipulating item)
  • Lose Tree
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Loses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Animation - Remove the upgrade animation tag to (Hero manipulating item)
I have to look, though, how to get the tree to not be white. I'll look for an answer and get back to you.

Waiting for you :goblin_good_job:

Level 5
So is there just one model of the tree or more than one? Meaning, do you have different types of items (trees) you can pick up or is there only one kind of tree? If there's only one, I suppose I could make the model for you with the tree attached to the mountain giant where the tree is always the same.

Level 16
So is there just one model of the tree or more than one? Meaning, do you have different types of items (trees) you can pick up or is there only one kind of tree? If there's only one, I suppose I could make the model for you with the tree attached to the mountain giant where the tree is always the same.

I didn't understand what you mean but...
There are many types of trees in my map, one item that can make the change and i don't want but only one tree type

By the way even with the tree model, i don't think it will be pretty :vw_sleep:

Level 5
Sorry, I'm bad at explaining things. Say I make a mountain giant model holding one kind of tree, would that be OK? Or would I have to make multiple mountain giant models since there is more than one type of tree item? (I wouldn't suggest this as it would increase the map size too much).

Edit: It's the only thing I can think of at the moment... but I will search for other solutions.

Level 16
Sorry, I'm bad at explaining things. Say I make a mountain giant model holding one kind of tree, would that be OK? Or would I have to make multiple mountain giant models since there is more than one type of tree item? (I wouldn't suggest this as it would increase the map size too much).

Edit: It's the only thing I can think of at the moment... but I will search for other solutions.

Gd idea, if the model have the (without tree animations) and isn't bigger than 100 KB (max of 150 KB because my map's size is already 7 MB)

Level 5
Well, the mountain giant model is over 200KB.

There must be a way to make the mountain giant's tree not be white through changing the texture in-game, however.

Level 5
I think that the first option is better, to be honest, but then again, your map is big enough. But anyways, I've come up with a quick little solution that should work (maybe with a little tweaking here and there), so long as your item isn't completely white as well.

• Acquire Tree
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set mountain_giant = (Hero manipulating item)
      • Set temp_loc1 = (Position of (Item being manipulated))
      • Destructible - Create a Summer Tree Wall (Dummy) at temp_loc1 facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation (Random integer number between 1 and 10)
      • Unit - Order (Hero manipulating item) to Night Elf Mountain Giant - War Club (Last created destructible)
      • Wait 0.80 seconds
      • Destructible - Remove (Last created destructible)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_temp_loc1 )
Edit: Oh, yeah, the dummy tree wall is a regular tree just with no pathing texture (so that the tree doesn't make the mountain giant teleport). Also, I changed the war club ability to have 120 range, which I think is the item pick-up range.

Level 16
I think that the first option is better, to be honest, but then again, your map is big enough. But anyways, I've come up with a quick little solution that should work (maybe with a little tweaking here and there), so long as your item isn't completely white as well.

• Acquire Tree
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set mountain_giant = (Hero manipulating item)
      • Set temp_loc1 = (Position of (Item being manipulated))
      • Destructible - Create a Summer Tree Wall (Dummy) at temp_loc1 facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation (Random integer number between 1 and 10)
      • Unit - Order (Hero manipulating item) to Night Elf Mountain Giant - War Club (Last created destructible)
      • Wait 0.80 seconds
      • Destructible - Remove (Last created destructible)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_temp_loc1 )
Edit: Oh, yeah, the dummy tree wall is a regular tree just with no pathing texture (so that the tree doesn't make the mountain giant teleport). Also, I changed the war club ability to have 120 range, which I think is the item pick-up range.

This a gd trigger, try it and ser what will happen to the attack UI of the hero :ogre_rage:

Level 5
I know the trigger isn't perfect and it leaks at one point, but it should, do, right? You should try it and see how it works and tell me what problems it has, etc.

Level 5
Oh, I see what the problem is. You aren't using a unit with a second attack. Change the ability to look something like this:

NdJa2pc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.