• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Morphing Models help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
he means on max, sherlock. (joking xD)

Thy answer shall be revealed to thee here: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=52884

If you don't get it, you may ask if you wish.

The tutorial was pretty messy and didn't cover what I was looking for, but DonDustin said the right thing. I forgot that material layers can have animated alphas with linear interpolation.
Thanks... =D
Another little question...what if the morph animation is long? This will make the unit wait for its end or will be skipped as the hero moves?

Who's the sherlock now?
lulz never opened the goblin alchemist in my magos before o:

actually both are wrong sherlocks. Don't use 2 layers, it doubles polies. Instead, if you are doing this through model edition, make the Textureid be animateable by setting it's interp to Dontinterp and adding a key with the new texture id. Look at the mountain King for instance. (I suggest you look at the MDL with notepad. No offense, but magos is for noobs, just use it for adding particles and removing nodes.)

Level 30
actually both are wrong sherlocks. Don't use 2 layers, it doubles polies. Instead, if you are doing this through model edition, make the Textureid be animateable by setting it's interp to Dontinterp and adding a key with the new texture id. Look at the mountain King for instance. (I suggest you look at the MDL with notepad. No offense, but magos is for noobs, just use it for adding particles and removing nodes.)
I suspected this was possible ... never tried it though ....

But does this animated ID thing have interpolation?
Yes this method does have an intepolation if you look at hellscream animation when he morph to chaos hellscream you'll see that he turn progressively to red.
Also, be warned: Magos has errors saving animated textures.
Yeah for Texture animation but not in Material animated Texture ID.

When you create a new material instead of using a texture check the Texture ID flag 'animated' and then open the mdl in notepad and you'll see each textures you imported have an ID (a number) generaly in the order you imported it.
Just like this : Texture ID.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.