• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Morphing a unit into another unit with adding and removing bear form problem: can't sell units

Level 7
I add and remove the bear form ability from my hero to morph it from Hero A to Hero B. Hero B has the ability to sell units on it. However, when I morph from Hero A to Hero B, the sellable unit specified in the object editor is not on it. If I just spawn Hero B without morping Hero A to Hero B, it can sell the unit just fine. If I just have Is there any way to morph a hero into another hero with bear form and have the secondary unit type be able to sell units?

Level 4
When you use the morph ability, the caster turns into another unit - The bear in object editor under night elfs - special units.

If you want to, you can change the ability in object editor. Find it in object editor - abilities (Also in night elfs units, bear form ability)
or you can simply change the bear form version of the druid.

then make it a new custom ability or simply edit the normal bear form ability.
(If you make a new custom ability, remember to change the unit you want to cast it, so it got the new custom ability)

EDIT: Eh I just did the same as you and my hero does not sell units either, even though I added it in the editor. Very strange! Guess you have to do it with triggers!

Last edited:
Level 20
My usual stock response: don't forget to input your transformed unit in this line of the unit editor for the base unit

1686254308024.png

Sometimes it solves weird problems related to morph abilities. That being said, it could as well be one of those quirks of bear form and you'll need to trigger it yeah.