• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Morph Building Ability Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've been joking around with the editor a little to get use to it, and I've started adding morphing abilities to a Supply Depot to make it upgrade into different buildings. I did the Engineering Bay, Merc Compound, and Ghost Academy without any problems (except the fact that the model stays as a supply depot), but then I tried the Factory and Starport, the game crashes all the time. I can't seem to figure out what the problem is since I'm following the Command Center OC and PF morphs, and it worked for the previous buildings, but not these two.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Level 5
...That was extremely helpful, Captain Obvious. However, chances are that I was not clear enough. The fact that I have one of these particular buildings even mentioned in a Morphing Ability is enough to make the game crash upon the map getting 95% done loading the map.

Furthermore, it appears that a single building can only support a small number of different morphing abilities, unless I'm mistaken. Going past it also makes the map crash upon finishing loading.

Now I'd like to think that this is because of some unknown human error being made by me, but if you're saying that it's Blizzard's fault, then that's fucking great.

Level 11
There may be some kind of conflict between your two units, because Starports/Factories already have a morph ability (lift-off).

Or, it might be that your custom unit already has hit the limit of morphing abilities - could try removing one of the other ones.

Level 5
Morphing into a unit that already has a Morphing ability doesn't seem to be problem. But I will look into it.

Furthermore, there does to be a limit of Morphing abilities, something like 5 or so. Which my question then becomes why the fuck is there a limit. In WC3 there wasn't a limit to the number of different buildings I could upgrade a Tower too except for the number of slots in the command card. Why add a Morph Ability limit now?

Level 5
going from a supply depo to a factory your increasing the size of pathing it takes up. Could be a problem theres no room for it?

I have building in my map that morph into starports no problem

Level 5
going from a supply depo to a factory your increasing the size of pathing it takes up.

No, that's not a problem. Pathing can easily be changed, but even with that, pathing itself is not a problem. Wasn't in WC3, and it wasn't here.

Removing all the abilities from the Starport and Factory seems to have fixed that, but as to which ability was causing the problem, I didn't take the time to look. And as I said, there definitely is a morphing limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.