• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] [MORPG] which element should it focus on?

Action-Adventure or MMO-like? (Voters wont be displayed)

• Action-Adventure

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • MMO-like

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Action

• Role playing

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • LoaP

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Hello everyone. I have a question regard to my MORPG concept. Right now, I'm in some sort of dilemma about which element the map should focus on? Action? Role playing? or LoaP element? I will explain each of them below:

If it focuses on Action elements, it will not feature save/load system. It will focus on combat mechanisms, just like AoS/Moba/Hack n Slash games. You aim to win the match and will start over again from level 1 for the next match. The con is, in multiplayer the control can not be decently responsive due to synchronizations. So the action part can't be fully enjoyable.

If it focuses on Role Playing elements, it will feature auto save/load system, you can save & continue your progress in the next games. You aim to become the strongest of all and dominate the other players, complete all quests, collect rare items, etc. just like the other RPGs. The cons are, it doesn't have persistent game play (like MMORPGs), being strongest in this situation is not that fun, and not challenging. Second con is, the map size is very limited, to support 4 races. Variations of monsters will be limited, thus maximum level can't be too high neither.

If it focuses on LoaP elements, it's going to be very very basic. You fully take role as a worker, be useful, and do whatever you can as a worker, to help your faction win the match. There will be no fancy systems like save/load, inventory, etc. I personally prefer this one. No complications, easy to do, and the most fun and interesting of all.

I'd like to know which one tickles your interest the most. Please, do vote! : )
(Just ignore the poll question and the first two options.)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.