• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

More than 4 Item Effects

Level 3
Many people, including myself, were always limited in their design to having at most 4 abilities per item. Honestly I thought that this was already discovered, but after looking on the internet for a bit, I was stunned to see that I couldn't find anything related to this.

Not anymore.

It's a very simple, trigger-free way to add more than enough effects on a single item. How? Using the spellbook ability.

First of all you need an editor with your map loaded.

The next step is to make a custom item.

Item Properties.png

After that we need a custom "Spell Book" ability.....

Ability.png

add the item abilities we want....

Item attributes.png

then add them to the item....

Item.png

and done.

Before.png

After.png

If you are not satisfied with the number of the abilities you've used, then you can add more spellbook abilities. You don't have to change the Object ID to something else since they are merged, and you don't need to activate any ability since they are passive.

After some testing, you can add active effects when using this. I don't know if this work on all abilities, meaning that I tested this on a few abilities and the active abilities were activated before the spellbook. This means that the item was working fine. Testing it yourself is the best solution.

If the item isn't working and the spellbook is activated instead of the active ability then read this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/mysteries-spellbook-33039/

Last edited by a moderator: