• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make an item with more abilities and also one castable ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, in my map some items have more than 4 abilites, thats why I put some abilities in a spellbook and add it to the item. That way works.
The problem is that if an item has a spellbook and I turn 'actively used'=true, when you click on the item the spellbook opens.
One such item that I make has 6 passive abilities and one active so thats 7. In order to work all abilities must be 4. But if I put some i na spellbook, when i click the item the spellbook will open instead of the real ability being cast.

Any way to solve this?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
An item can have more than 4 Abilities added to it at a time.

All you have to do is Shift-click the Abilities field and add the rawcodes directly. See the pictures for an example.

Note that the rawcode Abilities were showing up as Unknown for me until I manually Edited them to their correct value.

Attachments

• rawcodes.png
    rawcodes.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 19
  • multiple abilities.png
    multiple abilities.png
    114 KB · Views: 19

All you have to do is Shift-click the Abilities field and add the rawcodes directly. See the pictures for an example.

Note that the rawcode Abilities were showing up as Unknown for me until I manually Edited them to their correct value.
hm havent thought of that
shift+click is usually used to force too big or negative numbers in a field

Level 6
its the spellbook that opens not the abilities
The spellbook is an ability :D
So if you hide it at init or whenever you get that item, the spellbook won't be clicked and opened, if you set that item to be "used actively = true".

Also i wasn't aware of that. Thanks Uncle, i learned something today !

Status
Not open for further replies.