• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] More than 1080 Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I would guess JNGP can do that. Note that you should not place more than ~100-150 units per player though. It messes up unit movement for that player.

Level 12
@Ezekiel.. I have 1000+ units controlled by a specific player and I witness no problems

For 1000 units you definitely should notice stuttering unit movement. In fact, those units should barely be able to move at all.

If you really experience no problems, can you upload your map or a testmap?

Create them the same way they're made without using gg_'s. Use a MPQ reading/editing tool to extract the .j file and find the units your making and paste them into your map header and fix what Blizzard is missing/leaking. Don't forget a function name to call so you can make them in GUI at map init.

Example:
function Name takes nothing returns nothing
insert everything here
endfunction

[trigger=]
Events
Map Init
Conditions
Actions
call Name()
[/trigger]

Then simply just delete the ones in terrain editor and now you can place more.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
In RPGs you should dynamically load creeps. Although WC3 can handle 1,000s of units it does still raise resource usage which can affect old systems. It also allows for potential mechanic abuse by agroing 100s of units so that the path finder system is overloaded and everything melee becomes a sitting duck to ranged units (you can attack them without being attacked back for ages).

Status
Not open for further replies.