• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

More lenient map search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
That's how all consumer search engines work. They make a normalised form of the word entered and index it by that. Prisonbreak != Prison and will thusly not match.
It's like this for MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch. I am not sure you can find tools that easily does what you want. Unfortunately.

If anyone wants to know. We're using ElasticSearch. If you have any sort of tips for how "this is done" I am very willing to listen.

Thank you Water for the suggestion.

Level 26
I don't know much about Elasticsearch, but seems like there are regex Regexp query | Elasticsearch Guide [8.3] | Elastic and prefix Prefix query | Elasticsearch Guide [8.3] | Elastic queries. Those would of course not be as efficient. You could also pre-process the terms, doing your own normalizations, like by using a stemmer, then it would find maps with the term "Ruins" Warcraft 3 Custom Maps (multiplayer, campaigns, etc.) even if you type in "Ruin" Warcraft 3 Custom Maps (multiplayer, campaigns, etc.) or do word segmentation Viterbi algorithm for word segmentation for the Prisonbreak case.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Holy shit this might be easier than I thought:
1656873236997.png

Status
Not open for further replies.