• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moonglow Forest

Hello Guys,
I created these days a new 1on1 map called Moonglow Forest.
Its based on the Ashenvale titleset combined with some lordaeron summer.

A mystical cursed Forest, which was a long time hidden by the elder elves.
An old story tells: If you find the shining of the Moon, you will got blessed by Elune! AND you will be able to clean this woods from its Corruption!

Feel free to take a look at the previews!
---> examples for my mapdesign

In this map are available:
- 2 mercenary camps -->lordaeron summer (one on every side near the players starting point)
- 2 goblin laboratorys (following the path of the merc camps)
- 1 Tavern in the mid
- 2 goblin shops (northwest and southeast from the tavern)
- 2 expansion goldmines with 12k gold (north and south from the starting position)
- starting goldmines have 14k gold
- a healing fountain in the north and south on a hill
- a portal in the very north and very south near the fountains (they are connected and taking you to the opposite one)

I played this map a few times vs friends and it worked mostly very well.
Its a "beta" version and he creeps arent final, i will do some changes after more tests. (some of the later spots seem hard but its all possible, so you have to think about where you can get creepjacked :D.... maybe a opponent will surprise you by the portal)
The loottable is on the latest update from blizzard (ring+3 and crystal orb)

and the creep ones are similar to all ladder maps.

I ask you to try it out and send me some feedback.
GL HF DestinyAngel

Today i uploadet a new version with some changes: (27th July 2019)
- the cliffs are smoother now
- changed the positioning of some creep camps or createt more space for them that players dont run into them so easily
- the item drops are now more adjusted to the creeps strenght (example ogre lord camp is weaker now and drops a lvl 4 comsumalbe instead of lvl 5 permanent, the fountain is the strongest camp and drops the most high lvl items...) ---> this is maybe not final i will see after more tests :D
Contents

Moonglow Forest (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Just a few quick thoughts for now: -Please make try to fix the ramp-cliff transitions. Several of them are non-smooth. -I would expect that the majority of creeps are positioned in such a way that player units will walk too close accidentially and get...
mafe
-So, the ramp-cliff-transitions are good now. -The creeps at the shop and the 4-4 trolls nearby stll aggro sometimes, which is particulalry annoy with the purge/ensnare at the shops. If it happens, the player units may take a lot of damage. But I...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Just a few quick thoughts for now:
-Please make try to fix the ramp-cliff transitions. Several of them are non-smooth.
-I would expect that the majority of creeps are positioned in such a way that player units will walk too close accidentially and get attacked.
-Trees are placed in such a way that wisps can be placed on trees where melee units cannot attack them.
-The itemdrops seem to only partially correlate to the strength of the creeps.

But other than that, it looks like a good map to me.
edit: well considering all of this, I think at least some of these issues should be addressed. Therefore set to awaiting update.

Last edited:

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
-So, the ramp-cliff-transitions are good now.
-The creeps at the shop and the 4-4 trolls nearby stll aggro sometimes, which is particulalry annoy with the purge/ensnare at the shops. If it happens, the player units may take a lot of damage. But I didnt notice any other spots, so kinda ok.
-Safe spot for wisps are still there:
safe wisps.png
At the treees marked in red, wisps cannot be attacked by melee units. There are countless other places like it. Check my comment over here how to correctly place trees for future maps:
Icy Resistance
-Itemdrops look better now, but still kinda weird in some places. The most extreme example is that you have a lvl 19 camp (merc camps) where players get just two lvl 2 items, and a lvl 18 camp (shops) where players get a lvl 3 item, a lvl 2 item and a rune of the watcher. This seems kinda weird to me.

So you fixed some, but not all issues. And given that the forest are ok except for the wisp issue, I think the map is good enough to be approved. But there is still a lot of room for improvement.

A sidenote: Why did you include the Legion Doom Horn among level 4 items? I'm 99,99% sure it is still a lvl 5 item.

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Thanks for your review, i will include this surley in future updates.

The loot table from the fountain is the same as the one on concealed Hill and nobody complains about it :D
Pretty sure it is not exactly the same ;)
I checked Concelead Hills (the version from the Frozen Throne/community map folder) and it says that a random lvl 4 permanent item is dropping at the fountains on CH. On your map, you included all 4 permanent items individually and also added Legion Doom Horn. However, Legion Doom Horn is not a lvl 4 item and will not drop on "random lvl 4 permanent item" creepspots (unless I completely missed it in the patch notes), even though for some weird reason, it sometimes says in the editor that Legion Doom Horn is a lvl 4 item.

Also, if you indivually specify the possible itemdrops instead of using the "random lvl x item of class y", you are taking the risk that Blizzard will make changes to some items: Then the items on your map will stay the same, and might be imbalanced. While if you nuse the "random lvl x item" pattern, your map will automatically to any possible item changes with a new patch.

Level 3
It seems the editor tricked me it says the whole time that doom horn is a lvl 4 item, after another check it was lvl 5 but at the lvl 4 items there was a item called summoning diamond (or like that) thats the reason why i added the doom horn to the other items i did several.
Thats a bit annoying so i´ll change it into the lvl 4 items and will see.
I´ll keep an eye on it :D