• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monty Python

were Monty Python one of the best entertainers of all time?

• YES! They ARE THE GREATEST!

Votes: 33 46.5%
  • No! They ARE TERRIBLE!

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Maybe....

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Who are monty Python?

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Monty Python are great, but there are other comedians that I reserve higher ranks for; mostly Norwegians.

Level 1
Monty python is great especially that sperm song in "the meaning of life"
Every sperm is sacred
Every sperm is good
And if some sperm is wasted
God gets quiet angry (not sure about the last word)

Anyway GREAT SONG
but still best monty pyton production is "Life of brian" with Allways look on the bright side of life!

Level 40
Sure, they're definitely my favourite (but voted option #3 because option #1 sounds stupid), but I like different parts of them than most people. Meaning of Life/Holy Grail are great, but my favourite is definitely Life of Brian of the movies, and my favourite of their work in general is definitely the Flying Circus.

Level 28
Level 22
The Holy Grail is awesome, too bad the holy grail really doesn't look like this:
holy_grail.jpg

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is probably one of my favorite movies ever. Everytime I watch it (especially if i watch it with family) I notice more hilarious things.
With the exception of some scenes, everything about the movie is genius and never gets old. I personally did not like the ending, but hey, it's still great.

Having said that, I have never seen anything else by Monty Python that even comes close to the Holy Grail. All of the skits that I have seen (except for very few exceptions) are really not funny. They're absolutely random, which was pretty cool considering the time their stuff was made, but there's not much humor. And the other movies that they made were very disappointing after seeing the Holy Grail. None of them can even wave a stick at it. Their stories are lacking, they rely on gimmicks for far too much of their humor, and I'm sorry Life of Brian, I do not want to see any more penises. As is the case with their movies and their show, they're a group of very witty, talented fellows performing very unfunny things. I will not deny the group's talent, but they expressed it very poorly (except for Eric Idle, he's pretty hilarious most of the time).

Anyway, I'm going to have to vote 'no'
There's no way in the WORLD that they are the best performing group of all time.
PS-Meaning of Life was alright.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Well, seems I'm just a non-conformist like that.

Knights who say Nii... Not funny at all... >:C

NI!

No seriously, I didn't find Holy Grail all that entertaining either, but I'm not a fan of comedy in general, keep it short.

Level 28
People who don't like Monty Python are people who're not worthy enough to possess the ability to comprehend their epicness.

Amen.

I personally think that the Knights who say Ni is one of the best parts of the movie. I love all those semi-serious things with extremely stupid twists.
Such as this one: Much Rejoicing

I also found another one of my favourites: The Larch
The awesomeness is undeniable.

Level 22
Some people are brilliant. We got some comedians in Norway who went to the same school as Monty Python did. They had a group called KLM. They both learned a bit from each other. Of course, the best one in that group died not long ago though. He was called Trond Kirkvaag.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

From one Norwegian to the other, who?

Anyways, yes Monty Python is up there with the really good entertaining programs.

Harald Heide Steen Jr., Rolv Wesenlund and Trond Kirkvaag to mention a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.