• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monter2 v1.2.5

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
MONTER2%20version%20B.png

- A blatant Dark Souls ripoff for Warcraft III -
Latest Update Changelogs: [1] [2]

Fanmade wiki created by EdgeOfChaos
Videos detailing Monter2's development

SUMMARY

• Gameplay
    Gameplay is focused on exploration, challenging boss fights, and simply killing stuff.
    There are many secrets and such to discover, since the explorable area is quite large.
    This game does not have a storyline.
  • Combat system
    Monter2 uses a hack-and-slash combat system inspired by Monster Hunter and Dark Souls.
    There are currently five weapon classes - sword, hammer, spear, axe, and bow.
    Enemies also utilize the combat system, each with their own unique behaviors.
  • Game length
    In a typical playthrough, about 4 to 5 hours.
    It is possible to complete the game in less than an hour, however.
  • Solo and co-op
    Enemy health is adjusted according to the number of players present, making the game
    suitable for solo and co-op play.
  • Other features
    Monter2 uses custom animations which were made for this game specifically.
    This game also uses an original soundtrack.

CREDITS

[td]​
-Models-​
-=Emergenzy=-
Balrog
Callahan
Celestea
Chriz.
communist_orc
Deolrin
dhguardianes
Dionesiist
eubz
Forgotten_Warlord
HammerFist132
HappyTauren
hellblazer-14
Herio-san
imforfun
JesusHipster
JetFangInferno
Judash
[/td]​
[td]​
Kino
Kitabatake
Land-Sengklek
Lord_T
nGy
olofmoleman
PeeKay
Power
Radagast
RightField
s4nji
Sunchips
sunwarrior25
The_Silent
Thrikodius
TLI-Inferno
UgoUgo
WhiteDeath
Various UTM contributors
[/td]​
[td]​
-Systems-​
Bribe
Tom Jones
moyack
Vexorian
TriggerHappy `​
-Icons-​
CRAZYRUSSIAN `​
-Music-​
n00b
[/td]​
Contents

Monter2 v1.2.5 (Map)

Level 12
minor update because 1.29 messed some shit up. also contains some really minor balance changes but who cares lol

for the time being, the map isn't protected because vexorian's optimizer is broke. not like i care too much about map protection, i just used it to reduce the map filesize anyway

v1.1.9

• Fixed bug where certain items could not be looted (hopefully lel)
  • Crimson Axe changes
    • Decreased life consumption of Harvest (66% max. hp -> 33%)
    • Increased duration of Harvest to 25 seconds
  • Increased damage bonus of Battle Roar to 12%
  • Strider's Sword's dash now has invulnerability frames
  • Bow dodge roll now has invulnerability frames
  • Magic Hammer weapon power reduced
  • For Bow class weapons, it is now possible to move around while you have an arrow nocked
  • Removed large rock in the final boss arena that would sometimes block the boss

Level 3
1.29 patch probably made the HP and MP bar visible(Above the head). Not sure if it's left alone on purpose, just felt like mentioning it.

Level 2
hi,game is not found on 124 126 127,i wanted to play but i can't patch to 128 or 129 lol,can you fix it so it's playable on 124 or 126 or 127 again?
would be happy if you can make it on 124,usually our server is using that ver

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

I really doubt he's going to make it work on old WC3 versions. In order to make it backwards compatible, you'd need to not use any new features in WC3 since 1.24. Which I'm sure he is.

Why can't you update wc3?

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

If the game won't play on old versions, it's probably because he's using the new natives that were introduced in 1.29 (though I don't know for sure...)
In which case, it will only work on 1.29.

Try re-installing the game is my only recommendation.

Level 12
hey bois not related to monter at all but have another vid

127 would be fine then,i cant update to 128 or 129,idk why lol
I'm most likely not going to make this map compatible with previous versions, sorry m8
You can probably play v1.0.5 of Monter (link) with the 1.27 patch though. Obviously not the latest version, but it's better than nothing

Level 12
Dang this map looks great but it won't load on 1.30
from what little i've tested there are certain models and enemy attacks that cause the game to crash, and i honestly can't be bothered to check all of the models and enemy triggers considering i wouldn't have any idea of how to fix it anyway (not like it was broken to begin with)

so yes ded map until blizzerd releases a nonshit patch :ask:

Level 1
Here is some feedback.

- Add skill stamina cost descriptions (cost X stamina)
- Add skill damage formula descriptions (does X amount of physical dmg)
- Free camera option OR Farther camera options ( really think this is needed...)
- There are places in the terrain where things become so bad u cant see the enemy (free or far camera option would help here) and if u lock on the target only then u MIGHT see it better, which isnt the best choice for everybody since some ppl might not like the lock on option on action rpg.

Level 12
- Add skill stamina cost descriptions (cost X stamina)
i don't think stamina costs are important enough to warrant adding them to the descriptions
you can also find out stamina costs very easily yourself through the simple calculation of "stamina before using a move - stamina after using a move"

- Add skill damage formula descriptions (does X amount of physical dmg)
sure but i'm too lazy to edit all the tooltips
in most cases you can pretty much figure out the damage yourself by just looking at the damage numbers though

- Free camera option OR Farther camera options ( really think this is needed...)
i like how 95% of wc3 players have a hateboner for locked cameras
that said i should prolly add a free cam mode, but actually expecting me to make useful quality of life changes to this game in 2018 is a fucken joke LMao
Coming soon(TM)(C)(R)

- There are places in the terrain where things become so bad u cant see the enemy (free or far camera option would help here) and if u lock on the target only then u MIGHT see it better, which isnt the best choice for everybody since some ppl might not like the lock on option on action rpg.
ok fine
but as it currently is, free aiming attacks is slightly awkward, but i could probably make it much better by making attacks mouse-aimed
and yes 1.29 mouse natives would be pretty sicc for this game, i'm using that for another map i'm ""working"" on and it works fairly well

Level 2
so i never found the form of open the door close to the warlock, somebuddy know how open the door?
the door near to the warlock dropped a torch

Level 3
so i never found the form of open the door close to the warlock, somebuddy know how open the door?
the door near to the warlock dropped a torch
That area is supposed to be removed. It's from a previous version where inside the chest has a torch.

Level 1
Where can I download a version of this map working with version 1.26 (before blizzard started patching again)?

Level 6
This map is incredible. My friend and I just got to Viper + Lost Izalith. Ended up quitting there after one attempt on Viper and getting bodied in firelandia since its rather late/early in the morning. We've played before but last time was at least a year ago and we couldn't beat the god of all poison. Anyways again this map is incredible, both from a gameplay and a technical standpoint. I shudder to think about the amount of time you've spent doing animations and hit detection.

Level 1
Can u please answer me how does Dark Sword Awaken works? Hero need to have less than 25% hp for about 30 second? Right?
(Great map and good job. Really interesting map)

Level 12
Can u please answer me how does Dark Sword Awaken works? Hero need to have less than 25% hp for about 30 second? Right?
(Great map and good job. Really interesting map)
that's exactly how it works, actually

after 30 seconds a black effect will appear on your character. if you die while the black effect is active, awaken will activate

Level 1
that's exactly how it works, actually

after 30 seconds a black effect will appear on your character. if you die while the black effect is active, awaken will activate
I'm not sure if this happens in 1.1.10 but In 1.1.8 sometimes during awaken animation my hero is dying by one hit of an enemy(There is some frames when you've become vulnerable again but still have 1 hp). Is this bug? And is it fixed in 1.1.10?

Level 12
I'm not sure if this happens in 1.1.10 but In 1.1.8 sometimes during awaken animation my hero is dying by one hit of an enemy(There is some frames when you've become vulnerable again but still have 1 hp). Is this bug? And is it fixed in 1.1.10?
if it hasn't been fixed in 1.1.8, then i probably havent fixed it in 1.1.10 lol

fix coming soon(tm)

Level 12
ok here is your random overdue update after like 5 years :^)))))
as a heads up, most of this is just quality of life changes that I should've done years ago lol
in other news this map is now prone to crashing ever since reforged dropped so that's cool I guess???? also, it seems much laggier for some reason
for those curious enough, here are some hints regarding the locations of the new items:
Aegis Life Token upgrade: You can buy it from somewhere, not hard to find
Knight Shield: In a very conspicuous locked chest. The key can be obtained in three ways. One of them is from the big dumb beetle enemies
Accursed Skull: Somewhere in the canyon region, there used to be a (very) hidden path that led to a dead end. The Accursed Skull is in this spot
Blood Orb: In the Crypt somewhere
Ring of Fervor, Defender's Ring, Golden Trinket: Somewhere in the Demon Ruins

might release more small updates if im bored ok bye : )))

v1.2.3
  • Some terrain and layout changes
    • Players are no longer separated at the start of the game
    • Removed the dumb footswitch thing in the tutorial area
    • Secluded Shrine terrain changes
    • To streamline progression, players can now directly teleport from the Secluded Shrine to Canyon Ruins
    • Demon Ruins layout changed; progression through this area is much less rigid and linear now
    • Crypt layout slightly changed to also make the progression less rigid
  • Added Spear ultimate skill: Javelin (bruh)
  • Added Life Token Upgrade: Aegis
    • Increases Guard Power which allows shields to withstand more damage
  • Added shield: Knight Shield
  • Added item: Accursed Skull
    • Halves damage output while held
    • Don't use this
  • Added item: Blood Orb
    • Expends half of the user's maximum hitpoints to heal allies in the vicinity
    • Pairs well with the Crimson Axe
  • Added charm: Ring of Fervor
    • Increases chargeup rate of Ultimate abilities by 50%
  • Added charm: Defender's Ring
    • Increases Guard Power
  • Added item: Golden Trinket
    • Doubles experience gained from enemies while held
  • Added a "block counter" mechanic where Round Strike, Quick Stab, and Unstable Slash can be used by pressing R after guarding an attack
    • Deals more damage than their normal versions
    • Forward movement is increased a lot if far away from lockon target after guarding
    • The block counter version of Quick Stab will deal full damage even without hitting the sweetspot
    • Didn't steal this idea from Elden Ring, swear on me mum
  • Added a command to zoom the camera (bruh)
  • Added a Support category to the post-boss statistics, which tracks healing and damage prevented on allies
  • Stone Shield now provides burn resistance and fire resistance
  • Charred Ring rework
    • The Charred Ring now passively reduces lava damage
    • Does not take up an inventory slot
  • Regenerate is no longer canceled by taking damage
  • Regenerate can now stack with Potions/Healing Salves
  • Energize now gives a movement speed bonus
  • Can now use green checkpoint crystals to teleport
  • Life bars are disabled again, but are re-enabled during boss fights
  • Demon Ruins area now has an orange fog
  • Changed swing sound effect for Axe E attacks
  • Move command is no longer interrupted when affected by slow while sprinting
  • Move command is no longer interrupted when stamina is depleted while sprinting
  • Reduced the time it takes to extinguish burn by sprinting
  • Nerfed Adrenaline's damage bonus
    • No damage bonus from 75-100% health
    • 5% damage bonus from 55-75% health
    • Damage bonus at 55% health is 15%, and gains an additional 1% per percent health missing
  • The Silver Bow is now sold by the Priest instead of the Soldier vendor
  • Healing Salves can no longer be obtained
  • Fixed ammo text display bugs for the bow
  • Fixed issue where shield health for Warlock Stones and other similar effects would not display consistently
  • Fixed issue where enemies would sometimes use unpredictable or "instant" attacks
    • Yes, this was an issue that plagued this game for years now
  • Fixed Flame Champion being classified as Undead
  • Fixed issue where the player was not invulnerable throughout the entire duration of the Dark Sword's Awaken animation

Level 12
I have no clue how to update my map without a lot of things breaking.
Crazy how you managed to update your map!
Great to see you're still around n00b!
hey dood
probably a miracle that i can even update this map since reforged is pure ass
on reforged's release this map just insta-desynced l0l, at least it works now though
hope u can fix ur map bro

Level 12
ok uh throwing out this small updoot real quick BYE
hint on where to find ravager:
in a chest in the secluded shrine, opened in the same way as the knight shield chest (see previous changelog post)

v1.2.5
  • Added weapon: Ravager Blade
  • Fixed issue where the Knight Shield wasn't savable

Level 1
Very good map, it is unique. I would like to have detonators like this game I want to make a stand alone animus style map and this is the closest thing I've seen.

Level 4
ok uh throwing out this small updoot real quick BYE
hint on where to find ravager:
in a chest in the secluded shrine, opened in the same way as the knight shield chest (see previous changelog post)

v1.2.5
  • Added weapon: Ravager Blade
  • Fixed issue where the Knight Shield wasn't savable

Buddy, can you help me? Your mod didn't work on my W3R, even leaving the graphics in Classic, no missions appear within the game and it shows a fatal error if I try to exit the game.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 1
Level 4
it's not a campaign so just put the file in the maps folder
file path should be like: documents\warcraft iii\maps\download\monter2 v1.2.5.w3x
I put it in the right folder and access the game, create the room, it has screen reading, but when the screen appears it is completely black. It makes the sounds on the map, but I don't have anything else. I've already tried changing the graphics types to classic and it still didn't work. Can you help me a little more?

Attachments

• Bug.jpg
    Bug.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 6
Level 12
I put it in the right folder and access the game, create the room, it has screen reading, but when the screen appears it is completely black. It makes the sounds on the map, but I don't have anything else. I've already tried changing the graphics types to classic and it still didn't work. Can you help me a little more?
did you read the text in that screenshot? lol
just type -new and it should work

Level 12
cool mh inspired map, is this reforged only?
yeah it probably only works on reforged, though i haven't tried it myself

there's an older version that should work on older wc3 patches here:

kinda considered making a non-reforged version of the current v1.2.5 update but i'm too lazy to figure out how l o l

Level 2
yeah it probably only works on reforged, though i haven't tried it myself

there's an older version that should work on older wc3 patches here:

kinda considered making a non-reforged version of the current v1.2.5 update but i'm too lazy to figure out how l o l
alright ty sir