• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Special cape attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Requesting a cape model that meets the following requirements:
  • Must be team colored
  • Must be sized in a way that it can be worn by a regular footman
  • Animated in the same manner as this cape
  • Has the appearance of the cape as seen in this model. The edges of this cape have a gold outline, but what I want is for it to have a silver outline instead. The cape I'm requesting should also have a similar shape, where the 'tail' of the cape is pointed, as seen in the royal knight model. The small, rectangular flaps seen at the bottom of the cape are optional
  • The cape should have a shiny, animated surface similar to this model, except slightly more subtle
I also realize that specialized requests like this tend to get ignored around here, but I'm going to bump this thread for eternity until someone does it. Also, if it matters, the cape will be used in muh map, Monter2

If it makes it any easier, you can just edit Balrog's cloak model if you don't want to make it from scratch

Level 12
Will this do?

holy fuk that was a quick reply..

It looks pretty nice, but I think it looks too similar to Balrog's cape. But you pretty much made exactly what I asked for, so it's not really your fault at all, but what I'm also looking for is a cape with a semi-unique design. In my game, it's a cape that you'll receive when completing some difficult challenge, so it just needs to stand out I suppose

Would it be possible for you to take the cape of the Royal Knight model, make it animated, and apply the shiny surface effect to it?

Reactions: ILH
Level 12
I decided to remake the cape from scratch instead. I hope you don't mind xd

a cape made from scratch is even better :mwahaha:It looks pretty good, I've got no complaints about it

my deepest thanks for making this model, because there's a drought of animated cape models in this world TBH

Status
Not open for further replies.