• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Monter2 v1.2.5

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
MONTER2%20version%20B.png

- A blatant Dark Souls ripoff for Warcraft III -
Latest Update Changelogs: [1] [2]

Fanmade wiki created by EdgeOfChaos
Videos detailing Monter2's development

SUMMARY

• Gameplay
    Gameplay is focused on exploration, challenging boss fights, and simply killing stuff.
    There are many secrets and such to discover, since the explorable area is quite large.
    This game does not have a storyline.
  • Combat system
    Monter2 uses a hack-and-slash combat system inspired by Monster Hunter and Dark Souls.
    There are currently five weapon classes - sword, hammer, spear, axe, and bow.
    Enemies also utilize the combat system, each with their own unique behaviors.
  • Game length
    In a typical playthrough, about 4 to 5 hours.
    It is possible to complete the game in less than an hour, however.
  • Solo and co-op
    Enemy health is adjusted according to the number of players present, making the game
    suitable for solo and co-op play.
  • Other features
    Monter2 uses custom animations which were made for this game specifically.
    This game also uses an original soundtrack.

CREDITS

[td]​
-Models-​
-=Emergenzy=-
Balrog
Callahan
Celestea
Chriz.
communist_orc
Deolrin
dhguardianes
Dionesiist
eubz
Forgotten_Warlord
HammerFist132
HappyTauren
hellblazer-14
Herio-san
imforfun
JesusHipster
JetFangInferno
Judash
[/td]​
[td]​
Kino
Kitabatake
Land-Sengklek
Lord_T
nGy
olofmoleman
PeeKay
Power
Radagast
RightField
s4nji
Sunchips
sunwarrior25
The_Silent
Thrikodius
TLI-Inferno
UgoUgo
WhiteDeath
Various UTM contributors
[/td]​
[td]​
-Systems-​
Bribe
Tom Jones
moyack
Vexorian
TriggerHappy `​
-Icons-​
CRAZYRUSSIAN `​
-Music-​
n00b
[/td]​
Contents

Monter2 v1.2.5 (Map)

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Monter2 is probably the most skillfully made map I have seen yet on wc3. It's a lot of fun!

(EDIT)
As we talked about ingame, I tried out Spear for a significant amount of time (killed bosses including Flame Guardian, Hard Guardian, and Hard Revenant) and believe it is worse in every way than sword.

1) Spear only deals good damage at the tip. Attacking twice in a row will maintain your same position, so if you line up, you will hit 2 attacks at the tip. But then after that, the third moves your hero forward so you do not hit that anymore. You have to constant reposition. What this meant for me in boss fights is that I did not have enough time to do that, so I used 2 strong attacks at a time. With a sword, I can land 3-4 consistently in that same period which basically deals the same damage, without the extra effort of lining them up.

2) Spear lacks a decent Dash to avoid damage. Sword's F+E is an amazing combo and I've used it to avoid damage or cover distance with the boss in nearly every fight. The closest Spear has is F+R which must be unlocked AND pauses the hero at the end of the path. And uses triple the stamina, so it's basically unviable to fill that role.

3) Spear doesn't have any really devastating combos like Sword does. Sword has Round Slash early, capable of 1-shotting a Satyr when solo. Late, it has Spin which deals 1000+ damage. Spear has E+E+R to stab twice after, but as I noted in point 1, this will usually break your position and make you deal less damage. Retreating Thrust is useless in every case, it's too slow and too inconsistent, and doesn't even work for retreating. Charge is cool, but frequently falls out of position with the enemy after 1 or 2 hits and doesn't end up dealing more than a standard attack. And leaves you extremely vulnerable afterwards.

I could work around 1 and 3.. I can't work around the lack of a dash evade ability. It's too severe a disadvantage when compared to Sword. And plus, even when hitting with the tip, Spear doesn't even do *that* much more than Sword. Spear R is nice I guess, but still nothing to encourage me to use this weapon. There are also some collision detection issues with spear so it ends up feeling somewhat unresponsive... Feels like a handicap more than a weapon. So, I think I'll stick as a sword E spamming pleb until new weapons come out (don't even get me started on Mace).

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
dude this map is awesome!!
Thanks lad

As we talked about ingame, I tried out Spear for a significant amount of time (killed bosses including Flame Guardian, Hard Guardian, and Hard Revenant) and believe it is worse in every way than sword.

1) Spear only deals good damage at the tip. Attacking twice in a row will maintain your same position, so if you line up, you will hit 2 attacks at the tip. But then after that, the third moves your hero forward so you do not hit that anymore. You have to constant reposition. What this meant for me in boss fights is that I did not have enough time to do that, so I used 2 strong attacks at a time. With a sword, I can land 3-4 consistently in that same period which basically deals the same damage, without the extra effort of lining them up.

2) Spear lacks a decent Dash to avoid damage. Sword's F+E is an amazing combo and I've used it to avoid damage or cover distance with the boss in nearly every fight. The closest Spear has is F+R which must be unlocked AND pauses the hero at the end of the path. And uses triple the stamina, so it's basically unviable to fill that role.

3) Spear doesn't have any really devastating combos like Sword does. Sword has Round Slash early, capable of 1-shotting a Satyr when solo. Late, it has Spin which deals 1000+ damage. Spear has E+E+R to stab twice after, but as I noted in point 1, this will usually break your position and make you deal less damage. Retreating Thrust is useless in every case, it's too slow and too inconsistent, and doesn't even work for retreating. Charge is cool, but frequently falls out of position with the enemy after 1 or 2 hits and doesn't end up dealing more than a standard attack. And leaves you extremely vulnerable afterwards.

I could work around 1 and 3.. I can't work around the lack of a dash evade ability. It's too severe a disadvantage when compared to Sword. And plus, even when hitting with the tip, Spear doesn't even do *that* much more than Sword. Spear R is nice I guess, but still nothing to encourage me to use this weapon. There are also some collision detection issues with spear so it ends up feeling somewhat unresponsive... Feels like a handicap more than a weapon. So, I think I'll stick as a sword E spamming pleb until new weapons come out (don't even get me started on Mace).

was gonna write a long ass reply in defense of the spear, but fuck it, the spear sucks

actually spear isn't even that terrible, it's more like it gets overshadowed by the sword because the sword is OP as fuck: the spammable jump slash that is somehow more stamina efficient than using sprint, the very quick light attack animation that is extremely spammable, and that spin attack that probably does better burst damage than the mace

i'll agree with you that the spear abilities are crap
- retreating thrust will inevitably get a rework because it is a turd
- charge does roughly the same amount of damage as spin attack, which makes no sense considering its recovery time and stamina consumption are immense in comparison
- quick stab is okay, but its damage of course pales in comparison to the sword's round strike ayy

sooner or later the sword is probably gonna get nerfed to hell, rest in peace

thanks for the feedback btw

Level 10
This map absolutely nails it's goals. Brilliantly scripted boss fights and the smoothest and most addictive combat system iv seen in wc3. Combat is actually fun and even after multiple spankings failure never feels like the result of a dodgy game mechanic. Superbly done !

Level 12
This map absolutely nails it's goals. Brilliantly scripted boss fights and the smoothest and most addictive combat system iv seen in wc3. Combat is actually fun and even after multiple spankings failure never feels like the result of a dodgy game mechanic. Superbly done !
Thx

Non-smooth movement (slide) makes my eye hurt
I have no idea what you meant by this, explain

Level 23
Monter2 v1.0.1 - 5/11/16
If the Director's Cut rating still existed, Id definitely consider this map worthy of it.
Though yes, I am very biased for supporting its development for years prior.

As to why I think this is DC worthy is due to the combat mechanics alone.
This map has the best action combat in a wc3 map bar none.
It isn't simply about having a manual attack and a defend button.

- Attacks stun and push smaller enemies, while simultaneously moving your character forward. This gives each swing a sense of weight that the default RTS melee combat of wc3 lacks, also creates the nice button mashy effect of just wailing on an enemy without needing to stop and walk with every swing.
- Love that subsequent attacks have varied shapes/speeds, eg. sword type chaining attacks was very quick and encouraged combos over hit and runs
- I liked the choice to position mainly with default movement as opposed to an active dodge/dash move. This is because wc3 lacks a proper control scheme for side and backward dodges, and in such a combat style; control is everything.
- Target lock exists.

I could go one about how important it is to have light/heavy attacks as well as combo moves, but at this point all one needs to know is that while many maps try to emulate the combat of hack-n-slash games; this one actually does and understands how and why.
That such a combat style works on 2 principles, precise spacing and timing.

On top of this, the rest of the map is also great.
Love how the each monter type has it's distinct "power move" in addition to it's default attack patterns. The Salamander's firebreath may be the coolest move in the game IMO.
In regard to Boss-fights...
- Every different move counted for something, eg. I like how the first boss has a quick stab in addition to his wide arc that can catch you off guard easily.
- Also impressed that Boss move-sets changed as they reached low health.
- The existence of useful obstacles in boss arenas was great as well.

I were to critique the map in any way, is that I don't agree with having to left-click (and thus deselect your character) in order to interact with objects.
Not a fan of the huge rock models either.
But hey, both these gripes are very minor.

TLDR Version
- The best hack-n-slash combat in a wc3 mod, bar none.
- Supports multiplayer, though IMO is not necessary

full
seal of excellence
~ Map Approved

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
This map is so cool that I feel a bit upset why I started a shabby farming map instead of this kind of cool map >.>
Not sure if I can make the combat mechanism as smooth as yours tho. Those animations are perfectly synced with every move, which is awesome! Maybe a little hacky touch with sharpcraft to improve the combat mechanism and this map will be perfect.

I got stuck at the first golem monster, seems like it has higher physical damage resistance or something. I used hammer and it's very slow. The golem was kicking my butt around. I could do nothing to beat it. x[

Suggestions:
- Add music
- Reduce sound effects volumes
- "Equipping" sound effect can be improved/changed with something more fitting
- Add some kind of intro cinematic, or at least some greeting/welcome message with some instructions what to do at first.
- Add a simple hit and run AI will be cool

EDIT:
Oh, for version numbering I suggest you to use v2.0.1 instead. I don't know why but some games are doing things like that...

Last edited:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Director's Cut doesn't exist anymore?? Shame. The combat system and the very creative boss fights are two reasons for this to get DC.

Quilnez about the golem, try to circle around it and hit it once or twice max after it misses an attack against you. It only attacks in front of it, so keep circling. It does resist damage, though. I do think that hammer is much worse against the golem than sword though, since keeping moving is essential to dodging the rocks/slams.

(edit)
My current solo speedrun record (killed final boss) is 31 minutes, 18 seconds. Replay

Level 12
The timer you use for sliding select-able units is too high

projectiles are updated every 0.03 seconds, which is not very high so i don't see the problem

Suggestions:
- Add music
- Reduce sound effects volumes
- "Equipping" sound effect can be improved/changed with something more fitting
- Add some kind of intro cinematic, or at least some greeting/welcome message with some instructions what to do at first.
- Add a simple hit and run AI will be cool

EDIT:
Oh, for version numbering I suggest you to use v2.0.1 instead. I don't know why but some games are doing things like that...

there are 3 music themes in this game but they only play during boss fights, i most likely won't add more music because it already takes up a hueg amount of space

some of the sound effects are so loud there is clearly audio clipping to be heard, i dunno what i was thinking at the time but i should probably fix that shit :confused:

i don't really see any issue with the equipping sound

i will probably add a brief description of the game in the loading screen

also i think i will leave the version number as it is lol..

I would have to second Kino's comment about the left click selection. It's the only thing that feels clunky about this map. When dealing with multiple bag guys it's possible to drag the mouse slightly and deselect your dude in the midst of having your ass handed to you. Having the camera lock to a target on right click would be more intuitive and you can still unlock with esc if preferred. Left clicks are just something wc3 can't do well and will always feel like a workaround imo.

Again, it's not a significant issue and if it can't be changed easily then it's probably not worth changing.

if right click lockon was a thing i would imagine people would end up accidentally right clicking units constantly, but i guess i could add it just to see how it goes

i'm not sure i really get how you're deselecting your unit, as the only way to deselect your unit is to click the unit that you are already locked on to
maybe you are trying to use the drag-click to select multiple enemy units at once, but you're accidentally selecting your lockon target, which would then deselect your hero
you should really be using drag-click to precisely select single units instead

(edit)
My current solo speedrun record (killed final boss) is 31 minutes, 18 seconds. Replay

Wow Whoa

i've beaten it in 25 min though and it could have been faster if i didn't die 3 times:mwahaha:

some time-saving protips:
- unequipping all ur shit makes you run faster/makes stamina regen faster
- suicide command can actually make traveling faster :eek:
- blade dance is not terrible tbh, it is like free 2k dmg without even costing stamina

Last edited:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Well, I did take two detours to get the promotion stones, as well as Spin Slash. And my final boss fight sucked terribly. Blade Dance takes too long to finish, it is useful for some bosses when they get paused, but some others will use their biggest attack on you while casting, and all you can do is watch as you die.

Level 7
I was once playing this with you when you were looking for testers, when it started I already saw that the map was epic to begin with, but we were stuck behind the first door sadly :/ Wished we could've seen more at that time, now I'm hyped to see it again... I don't play many maps on wc3, I'm extremely picky when it comes to it, but I'll be damned if I don't play this, if I could rate more than 5 I'd do so! :infl_thumbs_up:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

i've beaten it in 25 min though and it could have been faster if i didn't die 3 times:mwahaha:

some time-saving protips:
- unequipping all ur shit makes you run faster/makes stamina regen faster
- suicide command can actually make traveling faster :eek:
- blade dance is not terrible tbh, it is like free 2k dmg without even costing stamina
OK, you inspired me to beat your record. Here is 24 minutes 2 seconds, ended timer immediately after the killing blow on shadow Replay

Level 12
I was once playing this with you when you were looking for testers, when it started I already saw that the map was epic to begin with, but we were stuck behind the first door sadly :/ Wished we could've seen more at that time, now I'm hyped to see it again... I don't play many maps on wc3, I'm extremely picky when it comes to it, but I'll be damned if I don't play this, if I could rate more than 5 I'd do so! :infl_thumbs_up:

Thx, also how do you get stuck on the first door rofl

OK, you inspired me to beat your record. Here is 24 minutes 2 seconds, ended timer immediately after the killing blow on shadow Replay

Wew that is pretty fast..

my new record is 20:38 though :mwahaha: GLHF

also yea you kinda get fucked over if you dont time blade dance correctly, but is pretty good for finishing off bosses low on hp

I still can see problem with 0.024 seconds

hmm well I literally cannot see anything wrong with it, looks fine to me in my eyes

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

20 minutes?! How did you do that, lol. I reach the final boss at 20 mins.

Here's a 100% run, all bosses defeated and level 15 reached, 1:22:07 since I fought all the enemies along the way besides lower crypt. Replay. I'm finally consistent on Ancient Viper, beat it first try. I think my new most hated boss is Hard Mode Revenant. Not because it's actually a *hard* fight, but because half of the fight is watching him spam nova and then triple poison orb into the corner over and over. And then he decides to use a point blank tracker orb when I can finally go in to attack.

Level 12
20 minutes?! How did you do that, lol. I reach the final boss at 20 mins.
hmm it probably has something to do with kill times, i'm usually able to kill bosses before the song ends/as the song is ending (besides living statues)
i also forego getting the promo stone in bandit camp, though i'm not sure how much time that saves, if it even does at all :cute:

Here's a 100% run, all bosses defeated and level 15 reached, 1:22:07 since I fought all the enemies along the way besides lower crypt. Replay. I'm finally consistent on Ancient Viper, beat it first try. I think my new most hated boss is Hard Mode Revenant. Not because it's actually a *hard* fight, but because half of the fight is watching him spam nova and then triple poison orb into the corner over and over. And then he decides to use a point blank tracker orb when I can finally go in to attack.

hardmode rev is shit tbh :goblin_boom:

Level 12
Minor update: save codes have now been implemented

Save codes in this game will track how much you have progressed throughout the game. That means multiplayer sessions no longer have to be played in a single sitting (which also means that people might actually finish this game now). The save system will also make it easier to access new features, that is, you won't have to play through the entire game to play endgame content. Saving might also actually make PvP interesting (but still be an imbalanced turd). Finally, save codes also save the usual things, such as hero level, equipped items, inventory, and so forth

Also, with the introduction of save codes, I've added the Solo Challenge. If you complete the game by yourself, you can receive a special cape, only obtainable as a reward of this challenge. The cape is also saveable, so you can use it in multiplayer sessions and tell pubbies how bad they are at the game :mwahaha:

See the in-game F9 for more details about the solo challenge. Here is the full changelog for this version:

v1.0.3
  • Save/Load added
  • Added Solo Challenge
  • Animation speed for the sword's jump slash reduced
  • Windup time for Spin Attack increased
  • Damage of the spear's Charge skill increased
  • Ending lag for the spear's Charge skill reduced
  • Mace weapon power increased to 400
  • Warlock Stone now has a 60 second cooldown
  • Max level increased to 20
p.s. there might still be bugs associated with save codes but i'm yoloing this version upload

Level 3
I think its a great map, although I raged over 20 times at the Ancient Viper. Btw, how do you open the ruin's door that has a Warlock around that area? The room is very small, inside it has a treasure chest. I tried to find switches to open it but I couldn't open it, I tried explosives but it didn't work as well... How do you open it?

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

It's not openable, and it just has a torch in it anyways.

Level 12
I think its a great map, although I raged over 20 times at the Ancient Viper. Btw, how do you open the ruin's door that has a Warlock around that area? The room is very small, inside it has a treasure chest. I tried to find switches to open it but I couldn't open it, I tried explosives but it didn't work as well... How do you open it?

I forgot (and always forget) to remove that room. The chest in there has a torch in it, mainly because it was where players obtained the torch originally, and is now obsolete since the torch can be picked up elsewhere

I'm either going to remove that room, or actually put something worthwhile inside the chest and make the room accessible with explosives

And yes, Ancient Viper is a dick. Good luck beating him, if you haven't already

Level 3
Okay hahaha. Well I have a question, when Life Essences run out, is it supposed to stop you from playing? Because even after it ran out, I could still play normally.(Because of ancient viper)

Level 3
I'm in love with this game! After beating it solo, I found out many other secret items, and I bet there are more!

Level 2
music.
where is wisp coin?
I play in a single player and I kill a wisp
Wisp leave a coin.
i kill 30 more wisp, no coin
sorry for my english i don't speak english

Level 12
Awesome map!
What other updates do you have planned for it if any? :-o
Nothing specific springs to mind except adding the spear's ultimate skill, and also the Perfection challenge that nobody will beat :ccool:

In the long term, though, I am probably going to add the following:
- Boss hard modes
- A new area that is after the final boss
- A new, optional area that is after the Flame Guardian
- Expansion of the tutorial zone (also an optional area)
- New weapon class when I actually feel like making the animations (read: never)

Key words being 'long term', I am notoriously slow as fuck when it comes to working on this map

I'm in love with this game! After beating it solo, I found out many other secret items, and I bet there are more!
Thanks. Also, sorry to disappoint but I'll bet that you've probably already found all the worthwhile secrets in the game, since there aren't too many secrets

Either that or the really secret secrets are hard as fuck to find, have fun

music.
where is wisp coin?
I play in a single player and I kill a wisp
Wisp leave a coin.
i kill 30 more wisp, no coin
sorry for my english i don't speak english

What about the music?

Also, the Wisp Coin is a rare drop from wisps

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

You already have footman animations for the final boss weapon, you can give us that! :D

I just did the perfection challenge. Nearly 2 hours, but killed the Shadow with a new char. Replay.

But it still makes no sense for Perfection to be an item. You won't be able to use it until you get it anyways, so you need to load with it then if you want to have it equipped the whole game for challenge? Makes more sense as a mode you can enable and then have to play through or fail it. Also a request: I wish we were able to load a character but not spawn in Chasm (like start at beginning) to go through all bosses like normal.

The Guardian was surprisingly, amazingly difficult to beat without taking a hit. He was highly unpredictable and always struck me with a fast Thrust when I thought I was safe.
The Dreadlord was annoying but not hard, my deaths were stupid mistakes. His only dangerous skill is the dash attack which you can dodge by sprinting whenever he's preparing to attack. Also he bugged once and dashed out of the arena (Lol!)
The Living Statues were a joke, first try.
The Revenant was a joke, first try using bow (LOL!!)
The Final Boss was insanely hard. He killed me about 10 times with his dark rock attack, since it's so hard to dodge. Also annoying, sometimes the boss just decides its time to hit me and uses a dash where he doesn't attack when I think he will and instead like, keeps dashing at me until he literally pushes me into his path and then hits.

Secrets I've found
Perfection: below second Spark Caverns switch
Barrier: dig spot south of starting gate in Spark Caverns
Gold Beetle: left of Secluded Shrine portal
Beetle: dig spot right of scorpion camp
High Heal: above revenant dig spot
Wisp Coin: rare drop from Wisp
Curved Blade: rare drop from Satyr
Tail: rare drop from Satyr
Golem Head: rare drop from Golem
Cape: solo the game
Various dig spots: top section of Lower Crypt, two left of Dreadlord area
Crystals: dig left of Living Statues, small spot. Hidden area in the right of Lower Crypt

Level 3
You already have footman animations for the final boss weapon, you can give us that! :D

I just did the perfection challenge. Nearly 2 hours, but killed the Shadow with a new char. Replay.

But it still makes no sense for Perfection to be an item. You won't be able to use it until you get it anyways, so you need to load with it then if you want to have it equipped the whole game for challenge? Makes more sense as a mode you can enable and then have to play through or fail it. Also a request: I wish we were able to load a character but not spawn in Chasm (like start at beginning) to go through all bosses like normal.

The Guardian was surprisingly, amazingly difficult to beat without taking a hit. He was highly unpredictable and always struck me with a fast Thrust when I thought I was safe.
The Dreadlord was annoying but not hard, my deaths were stupid mistakes. His only dangerous skill is the dash attack which you can dodge by sprinting whenever he's preparing to attack. Also he bugged once and dashed out of the arena (Lol!)
The Living Statues were a joke, first try.
The Revenant was a joke, first try using bow (LOL!!)
The Final Boss was insanely hard. He killed me about 10 times with his dark rock attack, since it's so hard to dodge. Also annoying, sometimes the boss just decides its time to hit me and uses a dash where he doesn't attack when I think he will and instead like, keeps dashing at me until he literally pushes me into his path and then hits.

Secrets I've found
Perfection: below second Spark Caverns switch
Barrier: dig spot south of starting gate in Spark Caverns
Gold Beetle: left of Secluded Shrine portal
Beetle: dig spot right of scorpion camp
High Heal: above revenant dig spot
Wisp Coin: rare drop from Wisp
Curved Blade: rare drop from Satyr
Tail: rare drop from Satyr
Golem Head: rare drop from Golem
Cape: solo the game
Various dig spots: top section of Lower Crypt, two left of Dreadlord area
Crystals: dig left of Living Statues, small spot. Hidden area in the right of Lower Crypt

If you want, we can play together someday and share what we each found.

Level 2
google translate:
I mean that the music is only active in boss battles and it would be better if it were always present
rare items %?
wisp coin 10%?

Level 12

oh yeah forgot about that
coming soon™

google translate:
I mean that the music is only active in boss battles and it would be better if it were always present
rare items %?
wisp coin 10%?

Music already takes up a lot of space, so no. I also don't want to use music that I didn't originally compose because reasons :ccool:

About the Wisp Coin, it's a bit complicated but:
Wisps have a 1/8 chance to drop a 'shiny'
Four items will be generated inside the shiny's inventory. When you click the shiny, you get an item that is randomly chosen from that pool of items
For each inventory slot of the shiny, there is a 1/20 chance that it will create a Wisp Coin
So I guess it's a 1/8 * 1/20 * 1/4 = 1/640 chance to drop???

I have no idea how probability works but that's my take on it lmao

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

I found another super-secret item.
Dig below the undead outpost area (accessed by crystal, where you buy abilities).
Climb up the mountain to the left
You find a chest below Magic Golem arena
There is a Battle Emblem in there

Btw the item is bugged - you can equip and unequip it, and you permanently gain the effect lel.

Level 3
I found another super-secret item.
Dig below the undead outpost area (accessed by crystal, where you buy abilities).
Climb up the mountain to the left
You find a chest below Magic Golem arena
There is a Battle Emblem in there

Btw the item is bugged - you can equip and unequip it, and you permanently gain the effect lel.
I actually stumbled upon that by pure coincidence LOL. I saw a small beetle able to climb the mountain(Bugged road), so I followed it and saw the chest, but couldn't reach it, and I went around and saw the blight

Level 1
What about adding HP and Stamina bars above the character (or below)? which can constantly be seen. Or it is unnecessary? what do u think?

Level 12
Also a request: I wish we were able to load a character but not spawn in Chasm (like start at beginning) to go through all bosses like normal

nothing is stopping you from just traveling back to the beginning

What about adding HP and Stamina bars above the character (or below)? which can constantly be seen. Or it is unnecessary? what do u think?

somewhat unnecessary since it doesn't take much effort to just look at your hp/stamina below your unit's portrait

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
OK, I've got it why the selection seemed bugged. It was because I was selecting the same target after/while hitting it to make sure the hero would face it.
About the dreadlord... I don't know, we two players just can't really beat him.

Level 3
OK, I've got it why the selection seemed bugged. It was because I was selecting the same target after/while hitting it to make sure the hero would face it.
About the dreadlord... I don't know, we two players just can't really beat him.
You two should probably dodge, then attack him when he dashes at you. Try to avoid taking damage at all times because he has 200% life steal I think?

Level 12
20 minutes or so. I'm not the type to learn poems while playing a game, sorry.

...and here I was thinking you were stuck on this boss for hours

20 minutes is NOT NEARLY ENOUGH time to warrant complaining about a boss being too difficult or random
here are two things that you could do:

1. you should actually fight this boss for at least 1.5 hours' worth of attempts before actually complaining
2. just stop playing this map entirely, because the bosses only get harder, and you have clearly stated multiple times now that this isn't the type of game that you'd play

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
1. you should actually fight this boss for at least 1.5 hours' worth of attempts before actually complaining
You're funny mate. I wouldn't waste time like that.
2. just stop playing this map entirely, because the bosses only get harder, and you have clearly stated multiple times now that this isn't the type of game that you'd play
That's exactly what I did and am doing. This is more suitable for Asiatic gamers. They are persevering.