• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monks' impenetrable defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, I played the 1.19b version of the game and am thinking about monks spell "Impenetrable defense", since it makes you invulnerable all mobs/units/bosses run away from you to their designated area which i find quite exploitable and ugly.
So i thought the shield could still make you take no damage but so enemy still could hit you, that way we won't get any weird move patterns and the exploitable disappear (Well still one i guess that is tanking as invulnerable).

An example is the final boss since he will only run back into the hole he came from. (which is another problem, i hate when he goes back there.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 30
Hi, I played the 1.19b version of the game and am thinking about monks spell "Impenetrable defense", since it makes you invulnerable all mobs/units/bosses run away from you to their designated area which i find quite exploitable and ugly.
So i thought the shield could still make you take no damage but so enemy still could hit you, that way we won't get any weird move patterns and the exploitable disappear (Well still one i guess that is tanking as invulnerable).

An example is the final boss since he will only run back into the hole he came from. (which is another problem, i hate when he goes back there.)

That's a good point :p In multiplayer its not normally an issue because there are more targets, but playing solo I can imagine this gets a little annoying.

I'll see what I can do for the upcoming version :)

I was thinking of re-working that spell anyway. On the official Diablo 3 website Impenetrable defence actually reflects enemy attacks back at them instead of making the hero just invulnerable for a short period ;)

ALSO: Sorry about the post edit, I clicked the wrong button :)

Level 17
That's a good point :p In multiplayer its not normally an issue because there are more targets, but playing solo I can imagine this gets a little annoying.

I'll see what I can do for the upcoming version :)

I was thinking of re-working that spell anyway. On the official Diablo 3 website Impenetrable defence actually reflects enemy attacks back at them instead of making the hero just invulnerable for a short period ;)

ALSO: Sorry about the post edit, I clicked the wrong button :)

making it reflect melee attacks isnt really a problem, we just need to give the hero a buff that does it.
But making projectiles fly back will be harder :p (i have no idea if it reflects projectiles and im too lazy too check it right now cuz im sick..)

Level 30
making it reflect melee attacks isnt really a problem, we just need to give the hero a buff that does it.
But making projectiles fly back will be harder :p (i have no idea if it reflects projectiles and im too lazy too check it right now cuz im sick..)

tbh, we could make it so that a generic ball of energy is fired at any attacking unit which does a set amount of damage depending on the level of the skill. So basically, something like phoenix fire, but only targets attacking units.

The more advanced option would be to actually calculate the damage taken, then return a percentage of this damage back to the attacking unit :p Perhaps with a max-damage variable to cap the amount of damage a player can do with the spell? Otherwise it would be imba against bosses ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.