• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monk Ogre Grinding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
For those who fears about disconnecting from the game after lvl up or any possible errors that could happened during that time. I made an guide solution for this *Soloing ofc* and yes.. you need version 1.1e (Ogre place)
*Also... let hope the creator doesnt wash all the save code that's can be save from version 1.1e... ;~; pls dont!

Stats requirement
High Agi + Int (yes.. you're using the steel body for this, also dont wasting your time using the soul strike... it pointless, and used the protection shield as possible you got it up -.-'')

Starting to level at the ogre it can be from lv.25+
Equip requirement
-Water rune (Can be obtain from ogre *kill a fill.. and you'll find it)
-Wizard Hat (D2 equipment, can be obtain from ancient)
-Monk Cloth (Brought in town)
-Urn (Brought in town)
-Magic Pendant (D2 Dungeon from protector)

Extra: here's another thing.... monk can be really useless in D3.. trust me.. i been there all the time... (Well.. except once you got a bishop with you... there wouldn't be any trouble, but.. what if they're newb? D:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Ogre area
-Get in the burden area first.. where the magnus ogre and most of other meele and giant brute and umm... 2x Ogre + Brute suppose to be on the right.. some how this drawing is not working..
Enter
-------------- ------------
|----------------------------|
|---------------------------- ----------
|Ogre---------------------------Magnus|
|---------------------------------------
|----------------------------|
|Ogre+Brute-----------------|
-----------------------------|
|2xOgre---|
|Brute---- |
----------

Start killing the Magnus first, then came over the ogre to the left *you can cast BoL during ur Steel Skin, but only use it if it your shield has been destroyed, while you're killing the Ogre+Brute or 2xOgre+Brute*

After that go outside, and kill ogre from the left (Ogre + Magnus)
Move to your top left and you will see another set of Ogre (Ogre + Magnus)
Head straight to bottom after you killed, you will see (Ogre + Ogre)
Then Head straight again... to the bottom, you will see (Ogre +Magnus)

Also... repeat the step of killing it, you wouldnt have any trouble whenever they'll respawn, but just in case.. im using Divine Rune :/ if you can find anyone that's can do Share trade with you and have some crystal.. (Ask them.. nicely)

Ty that's it all (Another thing... if there's any flaw in this guide... reply.. or comment)

Btw... read down here.. this is just my method of farming, because i had all D2 equip and everything, just need to be high level and help out other :)

Last edited:
Level 5
Still, we'll get lvls faster - by killing regular monsters added (hopefully) in 1.2, than they will, by killing these ogres eternally.
It's ok to grind till 33 level - then try to gain as much exp as you can with quests (I haven't done any of them yet). But then, just leave the lvling in peace, unless you are really bored with your life and you belive that you should spend all your days on killing ogres in gaia's.

Yet, It's a newbie friendly guide and basicly every character can lvl this way, but if Zwiebelchen has removed experience gain from ogres after 33 then it's kinda unfair, don't you think? If you really spend 3 hours to get another level then you definitely deserve it.

Level 4
Still, we'll get lvls faster - by killing regular monsters added (hopefully) in 1.2, than they will, by killing these ogres eternally.
It's ok to grind till 33 level - then try to gain as much exp as you can with quests (I haven't done any of them yet). But then, just leave the lvling in peace, unless you are really bored with your life and you belive that you should spend all your days on killing ogres in gaia's.

Yet, It's a newbie friendly guide and basicly every character can lvl this way, but if Zwiebelchen has removed experience gain from ogres after 33 then it's kinda unfair, don't you think? If you really spend 3 hours to get another level then you definitely deserve it.

Well i hope so, since im already Lv.34+ and still waiting to looking for group of gaias to do D3

Level 4
That is why there should be a code wipe in v1.2, less noobs with shared red item...

I understand what you mean but... shouldnt the creator add more area before D3 came out? cuz lots of people is complaining or what not about difficult in D3 '-' or getting crystals....

And about the wipe out.... lot of people is going to disappoint... you'll see...

Level 4
The cheat leveling on ogres are kind sad... but its there and may be used.
I dont like the idea of grinding for hours and hours and now in H version you dont need level 45+ to do d3.
I did d3 a few times with 2 tanker 2 bishop and 1 sorc and everyone was lvl 33 and full d2 set.

And its basically that,

level 33 = ogres
level 34 = d2
and probably level 36 with all the quests. Tha would be a fair way to get level instead of grinding eternally in ogres.
And u can reach lvl 40 in d3.

Level 1
The main problem is hard to find a good and random team to go D3.
If u got all D2 gears but cant get into D3,
the only thing u can do just leveling at orges, or quit this game.
Many players just quit for this reason... even if they love this map.
I know its 1.1h now, but 1.1e was very old version,
old players spent their time and got high lvl in 1.1e,
and you call that cheat leveling? Is that fair to them?
Even a 50 max Crusader still can't solo D2 final boss, why someone did?
It is just a sense of accomplishment.

Level 8
That's why I invite everyone to Europe.Battlenet channel.

There is couple players and more is comming, we can alvays meet and make game in no time with bot(the newest version)

My nick: Papa.Dragon

Level 4
The main problem is hard to find a good and random team to go D3.
If u got all D2 gears but cant get into D3,
the only thing u can do just leveling at orges, or quit this game.
Many players just quit for this reason... even if they love this map.
I know its 1.1h now, but 1.1e was very old version,
old players spent their time and got high lvl in 1.1e,
and you call that cheat leveling? Is that fair to them?
Even a 50 max Crusader still can't solo D2 final boss, why someone did?
It is just a sense of accomplishment.

You're Right Cola.. i agree with you, but... it is depend on which class people used??? i know Monk Lv.50 with full equip D3 can solo D2, becuz of steel body and everything

Level 2
I understand what you mean but... shouldnt the creator add more area before D3 came out? cuz lots of people is complaining or what not about difficult in D3 '-' or getting crystals....

And about the wipe out.... lot of people is going to disappoint... you'll see...

In 1.2 there will be new leveling area. And about *disappoint*, Oh im so sad for people that had their shared red item, were lvling on ogres above lvls they were supposed to get ( even if it takes a lot of time) and every noob squire who had help from teammates to do his quest... Not ! Did I forgot about other abuses ? Oh right, 90% parties that couldn't do D3 fair...

Level 5
In 1.2 there will be new leveling area. And about *disappoint*, Oh im so sad for people that had their shared red item, were lvling on ogres above lvls they were supposed to get ( even if it takes a lot of time) and every noob squire who had help from teammates to do his quest... Not ! Did I forgot about other abuses ? Oh right, 90% parties that couldn't do D3 fair...

Life is cruel and people are evil, get used to it. Not everybody is honest and fair, yet most of bugs have been reported already so Im pretty sure that Zwiebelchen is going to fix them or already did.

Status
Not open for further replies.