• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MOM:HeroesOfMiddleEarth

• Love
Reactions: FeelMyRash
AlphaPsyka Presents

Mines Of Moria: Heroes Of Middle Earth
Created by AlphaPsyka

Map Info:

In this Mines of Moria map, players can choose to play as characters from the original Fellowship but as other heroes found in Middle Earth. The Fellowship must follow the checkpoints with the One Ring through cave, mines and ruined cities to the Exit Gate. The Fellowship faces a multitude of different enemies from giant bats and spiders to armoured trolls.

Features:

>Unique Heroes, Items and Enemies.

>Hero Selection Options- Player One can choose between three selection options. Strict Fellowship being where only the original heroes are available. Flexible Fellowship is where only heroes in the first selection room are available. Fantasy Fellowship is where all heroes are available.

>Difficulty Options- Player One can choose between 5 difficulty levels.

>Side Quests- Such as Kill the Goblin King. Completing these quest give the Fellowship powerful items.

Heroes Of Middle Earth:

Strict Fellowship-
>Aragorn, The Dunedain Ranger – Mass damage monster.
>Boromir, Captain of Gondor – Melee juggernaut.
>Frodo and Sam, The Ringbearer and his Gardener – Sneaky with support roles.
>Gandalf, The Grey Wizard – Mass magic master.
>Gimli, Dwarf Lord- Best at fighting powerful enemies while the critters close in…
>Legolas, Elven Prince – Excellent at at long range combat.
>Merry and Pippin, Hobbits of the Shire – Sneaky with support roles.

Flexible Fellowship-
>Erestor, The Rivendel Assassin – Wind Walking Assassin.
>Gloin, Dwarf Lord – Defensive Support.
>Glorfindel, The Elven Highborn – Melee master relying on powerful abilities.
>Radagast, The Brown Wizard – Powerful defensive spellcaster.

Fantasy Fellowship-
>Beorn, The Shapeshifter – Powerful tank capable of changing between bear and man form.
>Celeborn, The Elven Lord – Melee and Magic Support.
>Elrond, Lord of Rivendel – Melee and Offensive Spellcasting.
>Eomer, Captain of Rohan – All round melee character.
>Faramir, Ranger of Gondor – Ranged fighter with supporting abilities.
>Galadrial, Elven Enchantress – Long Ranged mass damage spellcaster.
>Haldir, Guardian of Lothlorien – Melee fighter that weakens enemies.
>Imrahil, Prince of Belfalas – All round melee tank.

Authors Notes:

>One Ring can be picked up at the start of the map (Unless Frodo is selected, then it will be given to him) and it CANNOT BE DROPPED. You can use it to become invisible, but the ring is unreliable.

>Melee heroes are stronger against melee enemies and Ranged heroes are stronger against ranged enemies. However melee enemies deal more damage ranged heroes and ranged enemies deal greater damage against melee heroes. I made this system primarily to try and balance Legolas, but also to provide extra strategy.

>If anyone is interested, there are general racial characteristics. Men have high health, medium armour and low energy. Elves have medium health, low armour and high energy. Dwarves have medium health, high armour and low energy. Wizards have low health, low armour and very high energy. Hobbits generally low characteristics.

Credits:

Model Credits.
>Dead Dwarf models by Selenisko
>Elrond model (Armed Mage) by Kitabatake
>Eomer model (Footman Model) by Urkfrengil
>Erestor model (BloodElfRogue) and Orc Spear Thrower model by General Frank
>Faramir model (Halduron Brightwing) by R.A.N.G.I.T
>Gimli skin (heromountainking) by Hueter
>Gloin model (Dwarf Paladin) by GreyArchon
>Goblin Assassin model (Troll Assassin) by t-rav2010
>Haldir model (Elven Swordsman) and Celeborn model (Bloodelven ArchCleric) by Elenai
>Imrahil model (Royal Captain) by Tranquil
>Legolas model (Archer) by Pike
>All Moria Doodads by olafmoleman
>All other models by Blizzard.

Icon Credits.
>Might (Aragorns Command Aura) by Coinblin.
>Fade_Evade (Evasion) by CRAZYRUSSIAN.
>Combat (Boromirs Melee Mastery) by Shrik.
>Triple Shot by Mr.Goblin.
>HolyPower (Taunt)and MongooseBlade (Elven Blade), by Kel Thuzad.
>SwordCombat (Boromirs Longsword) by Paladin.
>HoldPosition2 (Twin Elven Swords) by real138.
>BTNCElf (Celeborn) and BTNCWRohanMilita (Eomer) by CloudWolf.
>Adrenalin (Adrenaline Rush) and Nature Shield (Elven Shield) by PeeKay.
>BTNHalduronBrightwing (Faramir) by R.A.N.G.I.T.
>Ring of Divine Power (Nenya) by Gwen Stefani.
>BloodRedRubyRing (Narya) and AquamarineRIng (Vilya) by Akolyt0r.
>CelestialWings (BlessingsOfBelfalas) and ShieldT4 (Reflection Aura) by Paladon.
> CrossedSwords (Combat Mastery) by –BerZeKeR-.
>Frosted Blade by Elenai.
>SpiritMagic (Magic Mastery) by HappyCockroach.
>PurgeSoul (Storm Bolt) by Darkfang.
>Sacred Sword (Sword Mastery) by Palaslayer.
>BearPawBlue (Wild Endurance) Golden_Drake
>All other icons by Blizzard.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Mines, Moria, Lord Of The Rings, Fellowship, Ring
Contents

MOM:HeroesOfMiddleEarth (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jul/03 14:47:26 Comment: [Approved] View post Resource Moderation - Rules
Level 14
Mines of Moria – Heroes of Middle Earth is a Lord of the Rings Based RPG in which players team up in order to conquer the Mines of Moria.

As would be expected, this map offers a nice selection of different heroes with their own unique strategic value. Spells are customized in ways that fit the characters nicely, which is always a welcome sight. The game also allows for multiple difficulty options for extended challenge.

However, the game falls prey to low quality environment and atmosphere. The terraining is extremely bland, it lacks any real depth. The feel of the map is off… I’m not sure I entirely agree with use of the icy dungeon tile sets. The monsters are spammed way more than they probably should be. This is in an attempt to get that “overwhelmed by goblins” vibe, but it ends up lacking any real strategy in defeating the hordes. It turns into a hack-and-slash of sorts. The hobbits are quite useless as characters. I understand that we are given two to balance that out, but I would rather have one hobbit that could actually be effective on his own in combat than two that are less than efficient. You have to approach it more from a “fun-to-play” and management standpoint than a “lore wise, which characters should be stronger than the others” one.

The playability and a lack of any problematic bugs lead me to put a vote for approval in. However, the gap in the environment and atmosphere, as well as a low need for actual “teamwork” convinces me to put a low rating.

2/5 Vote for Approval

~Asomath

Level 5
First of all. I tested this map with more heroes.
You need to improve and change enviroment example logical, only about 20 years passed in plot since goblins expelled dwarves from moria you should add some everyday objects( tables,chairs,barrels,mine carts,more remains etc.)
Gloins one of ability , Divine Shield learn text wrong: Learn Wrath of Anduril, repair it. You should change some models: gandalf currectly one model is really ugly and gandy isnt elf, change too aragorn, boromir, hobbits, and fix legolas skin he hasn't potrait causes bad pathing , same potrait problem with Elrond model fix it too.
And why you don't use karland90's troll model and Pyramidhe@d's goblin models? And use High elf Judicator model for Glorfindel. With them it would be more realistic for lotr feeling. And if you can try to use not blizzard icons for heroes. Otherwise give +1 armor in editor to wizards, and make hobbits to more stronger bit.

Anyway, it's really nice and genuine map and idea. If you generate the map it will be awesome and really funny and it will makes many joyful times for players.