• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Models with my textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I don't understand the pathing for modeling custom models. I figured out how to remove team color with the replaceableID thing, but I have textures that I made that I don't understand how to attach them to my model. I am using GMax and I dragged my texture from the window to the model and UV Mapped them. But I just can't understand how to put them on!!!

Level 5
Use LithUnwrap or Chiliskinner script for GMax from the GMax modeling pack in the tools section. Find a tutorial how to unwrap, and save it to a 24bit TGA. Then insert the path of the texture in your mdl.

Level 25
Ok, each seperate side MUST be a different geoset, otherwise this won't work. Secondly, each of the geosets MUST use their own different material

Look in an already existing Blizzard model to see how they have many textures and materials, its pretty easy. Just have more than one texture in that bit where the textures are in the mdl. Materials come after textures, and have a texture ID that starts at 0, not 1. Same thing goes with the Material ID on the various geosets that point to which material, and therefore which texture, that geoset uses

Level 3
Combine the textures into one .blp file and UV map them with each individual texture. The only other solution is to create geosets for every one of those textures and have materials for each one. The first one sounds and is easier, unless you're UV mapping a mounted unit or a unit like the demon hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.