• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Texturing Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
when i make my model with gmax, and add my skin in it (*.tga), then i use script and edit it in mdl format, make image path and so on, have to path be full like "c:\warcraftIII\textures\*.blp" or something like that and have to i convert the tga file in to blp. format then? i tried something like that but in warcraftwiever my model is just red and when i look is the texture activated, its not and it cannot be. have to paths be exatly same in gmax and mdl or what? I'm confused with texturing and don't know what to do... I know this could be confusing to you either but plz try help :|

Level 25
o_O?

You got the confusing right

Anywho, WC3Viewer can convert tga to blp. Edit the path in your final mdl. Don't put a C:/ProgramFiles/Warcraft3 or whatever in your path, just put the path from the WC3 root directory, such as "Units\Other\Pineapple\Pineapple.blp" or just plan ol' "Pineapple.blp"

Level 2
Ok,.. i'm noob, BUT WHY THIS DON'T WORK!!!!!!!!! I tryed all paths what i can imagine, but still WE just say could not open *.mdl (i imported mdx, why that say like that???). Look, if i put to code like this image "picture.blp" or image "textures\picture.blp" and my path is "textures\picture.blp", why doesn't it work? I put a right path in importing so what else problems i can have wrong or what have to i do :?

Level 2
Yep, i trust u, it is mdx, i'm sure, but do i need mdl file anymore after i have converted it? I'm allmost sure that is texture path or somethinng like that but, maybe i just have to give...

Level 2
Code:
}
Textures 1 {
	Bitmap {
		Image "Textures\Rayman.blp",
	}
}
Materials 1 {
	Material {
		Layer {
			FilterMode AddAlpha,
			static TextureID 0,
		}
	}
}

I have tryed without "Textures\", but i'm not sure about else code... :?

Status
Not open for further replies.