• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moddel not showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I got a problem regarding my models not visible in the game or the editor.

I have been trying to follow the tutorial at
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/magos.php

I created a simple squre model in 3ds max 9, used an image from google, that i use as texture. After converting the model to an editable mesh, I export it to mdl code using DeX script. I then set the texture path, and delete "ReplaceableId 1," under the texture. Then I convert it into mdx using yobguls file converter, convert the tga image into a blp image using warcraft 3 viewer, and import them. In the import mannager I set the path to the model to "Test.mdx" and the texture to "TestTexture.blp", like i wrote in the mdl file.

When I add the model to a unit, and launch the game however, theres no unit, just the shadow and perhaps some ground texture.

I dont understand this, am I missing something? Anyone has any idea what I do wrong, or know a better way of doing it?

Attachments

• Test wc3 import.max
    216 KB · Views: 79
  • StargateTexture.tga
    2.8 MB · Views: 61
  • Test.mdl
    2.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Level 2
Added them.. its pretty simple, as I had the same problem with a more complex model.. no animations, attatchment points or anything.. just a squre with a texture

Status
Not open for further replies.